You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Friday, June 27th 2003, 8:34am

Author: bmorris

meter size

Thanks for reply. I can get meter changed but city is reluctant to do so. They tell me very few properties have 1" meter. I have changed output from meter from 5/8" to 3/4" and using bucket test I'm getting about 9.2 gal a minute at the meter output. I couldn't believe the pressure and flow. The output is so great that I really stirred up sediment in line. I have gave it a real good flush now.

Thursday, June 19th 2003, 6:15am

meter size

I have 1" coming into basement which is reduced to 5/8" in and out of meter. It then is reduced to 1/2" copper. I am going to change 1/2" to 3/4" to accomodate sprinkler system but am concerned that 5/8" at meter will restrict flow. I currently have 60 PSI and 6 GPM at bib but am assuming by changing 1/2" to 3/4" will increase flow. Should I be concerned about 5/8" in and out of meter?

Thursday, June 19th 2003, 6:06am

Main Line Questions

I have 1" into basement reducing to 5/8" in and out of meter. From there it reduces to 1/2" copper. I am going to change 1/2" to 3/4" to accomodate sprinkler system but am concerned that the 5/8" going through meter will restict flow. I have 60 PSI and 6gpm at bib on 1/2" copper. I'm assuming that by changing to 3/4" that GPM will increase. Should I be concerned about 5/8" Meter sizing?