You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Friday, February 27th 2004, 5:43am

Author: Sticks_gms

Design Help??

Thank you!! I am sorry yes the heads will be using 5gpm nozzles. a different question I am thinking of using blazzing saddles instead of barb fittings pros and cons?? I plan on using funny pipe? 1 1/4" Thank you

Friday, February 27th 2004, 2:17am

Design Help??

Thank you for the response!! excellent!! from what I can see most of the runs are going to be 5 to 6 heads at a 30' to 33' spacing so that gives me a run from the first head to the last about 180' and with a 30' to 50' run from the valve to the first head. will this create problems as far as lining up the heads in a straight line and preasure loss?? because all of my long runs are in the backyard where I have about 200' from the house to the property line the front has about 60' to the street so...

Thursday, February 26th 2004, 2:37am

Design Help??

I am getting ready to install a new sprinkler system on a 1.5 acre land. I have plans from rainbird who did the design and I have some questions about design and pipe size? here is what I have: 1 1/2 pump(well) with 1 1/4 feed from the pump to the house with a split inside the house one for house water and one for sprinkler. I will be running 2 lines of copper of 1 1/4" to the north side of the house and to the south side of the house (inside) I will be installing 2 backflow valves (1 1/4") at e...

Wednesday, July 23rd 2003, 11:37am

Pipe Size, Type of Pipe, Head Locations??

I tried to send an attachment but wouldn't work?? so tried to draw it out, but this area compressed everything so had to put in spaces to try to keep it in a visual perspective!! but that really didn't work well but, from what I have to work with??? Two outside branches went the distance of the yard and "Y" in and the middle branch "Y" out hope that this helps with the bottom drawing?? Thank You Kevin Your drawing needs help Thanks, Pete [/quote] Edited by - sticks_gms on Jul 23 2003 4:39:57 PM

Wednesday, July 23rd 2003, 10:20am

Hello I have included a copy of the drawing from RB I think that it would make more since to do straight lines out to the end of the property line then it would as it is drawn?? don't you or is there a reason for the way they did it?? what I think should be done in the back yard what do you think!! same GPM per line and spacing of 33' X= valve O= sprinkler head ----- ,(I)= 1 1/4" branch line from the 1" valves from the 1 1/4" Main??? x-----O-----O-----O-----O-----O-----O x-----O-----O-----O-----...

Tuesday, July 22nd 2003, 7:08am

These seem to be the popular item, as far as time saver!! Thank you for the comment!! still trying to find the size I need!! Have a Great One!! Kevin I can't comment on the size of the pipe, but I can comment on Blazing Saddles. I am currently in the process of installing my own system and I am using Blazing Saddles were ever I can. These thing's are so cool....... They are definatly worth the cost. I highly recommend you use them if you can. [/quote]

Tuesday, July 22nd 2003, 7:07am

Thank you for the suggestion!! the only reason I am thinking of 1 1/4" is because that is what rain bird called out!! the distance from the tees and the heads will be less then 12" the most heads I have on one line is 6-7 (avg 15-16 GPM), and I will be doing 12 zones with 4 zones of bubblers. the longest runs are in the backyard approx. 200' with 33' of spacing between heads. I realize that my system needs to be blown out every year, are drains really needed? I know of a lot of people who do not...

Monday, July 21st 2003, 7:59am

I am installing a new sprinkler system in my yard I have a 1.25 acre yard with a well. I've upgraded my well to a 1.5 HP pump at 20 GPM at 40 PSI. with 1.25" pipe into the house. I had a rainbird design my system. First of many questions is Raibird spec 1.25" pipe to all of the heads which are (R50 rotor heads w/1.5 - 3.0 GPM nozzles) which means they want me to run 1.25" to each of the heads kind of a costly measure but I believe they are after flow?? am I correct to assume this? then what type...