You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 10:24pm

Author: aarond

2 controllers vs modular system

Thanks, HooKooDooKu. That's helpful. I think it's easy enough to program the two controllers for different time periods (and yes, my drip system should be loaded lightly enough that it could run even if another channel is also active). As for "showing the world that I did it on the cheap", well, few of those who wander through my garage consider frugality to be a vice. I'm still open to other thoughts (and to the opinions of anyone who's used either of the controllers I'm considering), but at th...

Monday, May 25th 2009, 10:40am

2 controllers vs modular system

I'm planning a system that will start at 8-9 channels, eventually expanding to about 15. As far as I can tell, the least expensive solution would be to use two separate controllers (e.g. two Rain Bird STPi-900's would provide 18 channels for ~$150-170). I have plenty of garage space to mount two together. What are the advantages and disadvantages to moving to a modular system instead. For example, a Hunter ICC-800-PL and expansion module would yield 16 channels for ~$100 more than the two Rain B...

Monday, May 25th 2009, 10:32am

Valve choice for sediment prone well water?

Any recommendations for valves that would deal well with well-water containing a significant amount of iron (also some salt and possibly other sediments as well, but iron's the most prevalent). I'm considering the Toro 250-series (250-06-04, specifically), but only because I was happy with them in my last system, and I didn't have any sediments to worry about then. Anyone willing to offer some practical experience on dealing with sedimentary water? Thanks in advance, Aaron