You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-2 of 2.

Sunday, July 12th 2009, 9:23am

Author: jgriffin

Constant Banging Noise in House Plumbing when Irrigation is On

Wet Boots -- Thanks for your thoughts on possible surging. I've got one zone in particular that has a low-head drainage issue that results in some air on that zone, just haven't had a chance to replace the heads with ones with built-in check valves. I'll do some troubleshooting (keep some heads closed while I run the zones) to see if reducing zone flow might help pinpoint the problem. But the noise occurs with all five zones, not just the one with the low-head issue... I just keep coming back to...

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 6:31pm

Author: jgriffin

Constant Banging Noise in House Plumbing when Irrigation is On

Hi All - First post here, looks like a great forum to get tips and advice. I inherited an irrigation system last year when we bought a house, so I'm still learning some of its quirks. I have a problem that's really frustrating me, so I appreciate any opinions. I just fired up the system a couple weeks ago when I had a tech come out and do the backflow inspection. I wasn't home when he did it. A couple days later I turned on the system for the first time and we heard a constant banging noise in t...