You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Thursday, September 4th 2003, 3:58am

Author: gravunder

Spray Heads for flower beds.

I haven't got that far yet. I guess as we fill the flower beds I will have to replace the 4" popups as needed. It is pretty hard to s**** out the money for 6" or 12" when the 4" popup body are so cheap. Especially when you don't have a landscaping plan yet. Where can you get the drains you mentioned? Do you lose pressure with the drains while the zone is turned on? Thanks, Greg

Wednesday, September 3rd 2003, 4:45am

Spray Heads for flower beds.

What size spray heads to most of you use for flower beds? Are 4 inch popups sufficient or would a 6 or 12 inch popup be a better choice? Also when you use the side inlet on the larger popups are there special considerations for winterizing? Thanks in Advance, Greg

Tuesday, August 12th 2003, 5:12am

Need help with finishing my larger zones.

I went to the local hardware store that does a lot of sprinkler installs in the area and he got me started. Bought the ProC controller, master valve/backflow preventer, poly pipe, heads, etc. The front yard is pretty small. I use 4 PGP heads with only 90 degree usage for each head. Then I have the front bushes/flowers which only has 3 hunter SRS sprays heads. The 3rd zone is the north side of the house and used 4 ps spray heads. None of the zones tax the system very heavily. The backyard is much...

Monday, August 11th 2003, 11:14am

I new I had registered previously. I just couldn't remember the username. To avoid any confusion, cdig04 and gravunder are the same person(me). Thanks in Advance, Greg

Sunday, August 10th 2003, 7:55pm

I couldn't find a toro flow gauge so I made my own. I used a 1" tee and connected a pressure gauge to it. Then connected a 1" shutoff to that to control the pressure. Then ran the water into a 5 gallon bucket and measured the amount of time to fill it. The reading are taken on a zone that I have the valve finished for but still need to finish burying the pipe. So the water is passing through the master valve/back flow preventer and a 2400T valve. Here are the results. PSI PSI Time GPM (gauge) (p...

Monday, August 4th 2003, 8:49am

So I guess I should start over and recalculate my GPM. Is it best to go and buy the Toro Flow and Pressure gauge? Where can I get one? I don't see it in the online store. Or can I go and buy a pressure gauge like used by my pump pressure switch and build one with a shutoff value to control the pressure (open to 35-40 PSI) and then meausure how long it takes to fill the bucket. Thanks in Advance, Greg

Friday, August 1st 2003, 3:10pm

I am in the process of planning the rest of my sprinkler system and need a little help. I currently have 3 zones working and will finishing off the yard very soon. I have a well as my water source and the gauge indicates that the pump turns on at 40psi and shuts off at 60psi. I measured my flow after 1 of the valves previously using the 5 gallon bucket method. It took 13.5 seconds to fill. The system is also plumbed with 1" poly. Both the bucket method and the max capacity of 1" poly indicate ab...