You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 6:39pm

Author: rnakawat

Design advice needed for a slope

We have a back yard slope about 20 feet high and about 30 feet deep. We just have fruit trees and a few scrubs on the slope. The house is at the bottom of the hill, with about 15 feet of flat grassy area between the slope and the house. The slope is currently not on an irrigation system, but the grassy/flat graden area is. It appears the previous owners tapped into the line that goes through the house. The pressure is good (80 PSI) but is using 1/2" pipes. I'd like to add irrigation to the slope...

Sunday, June 22nd 2008, 7:31pm

Too much pressure

My sprinkler system has too much pressure. I've been told to install a "pressure reducer". Is that the same as a pressure regulator? Thanks in advance.

Monday, September 8th 2003, 10:38am

Backflow advice for sloping landscape

I don't know if I'm measuring the pressure correctly, but it's 120 PSI. I have an outside hose outlet that's part of the same line the valves are on. The reading from that outlet is 120 PSI. The outlet uses the same diameter piping as the rest of the line. It's 3/4 inch PVC. Ryan

Sunday, September 7th 2003, 9:17pm

>Does the water leak out of all the valves? It leaks out of 3 of the 5 valves. Two appear to be fine. I'm also thinking of installing a pressure regulator. Would the proper order be the Pressure Regulator, then the double check valve or visa versa. Thanks. Ryan

Saturday, September 6th 2003, 8:38pm

My existing sprinkler system has valves with built in anti-siphon values. (AVB's?) My house is on a hill, were the backyard is at the highest point and the front yard is at the lowest point. The valves are located on the side of the house. (IE, not at the highest point of my yard.) I notice that when some of the valves turn off, water leaks from the anti-siphon cap. My first question is this normal behavior? (My assumption is no.) How should I fix this problem? (assuming that it is a problem.) M...