You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 3:01pm

Author: jeannesarah

retrofit existing system to get supply from lake

Yea, I know the pump, tank, etc will be costly but the summer excess fee can mean $200/month - they are really trying to discourage lawn watering with city water. I do understand that I have to cap off from the city supply first and the implications of that. We happen to own the lake and many of our neighbors are currently using the lake water for irrigation. It is spring fed and was never low even in the worst days of the drought. Using lake water is preferred by the city (much greener than usi...

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 8:47am

Thanks. That is the answer I was hoping for. I know that the valves are scattered out & that there is at least one at the end of my driveway - past the trees. I cannot do the zigzag or even the shallow option because the city water is between my driveway/house & the property line. That space is only about 5 feet and the maple trees in that space are shallow rooted while the oaks are deeply rooted & the roots cover the whole space. I do understand that if we tap in further down we will need to ca...

Friday, May 28th 2010, 9:47pm

I have a 20 year old existing irrigation system (6 zones - mostly rainbird rotors) that is supplied with city water. They raised the rates during the last drought with a hefty summer surcharge - and didn't lower them after the drought ended I lived on a 20 acre lake with a very stable water level and would like to draw water from the lake via a pump & tank. The main problem is where to tap into the existing system. I have been told that I need to run a pipe from the pump to the point where the ...