You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 5:06pm

Author: bww

Can I move a drip system from hose faucet to an unused Irritrol Anti-siphon valve?

I went to a local sprinkler supply (Ewing) and they had a whole kit that just screws into the bottom of the regular valve and then connects to your 1/2" poly tubing. It has a nice filter, pressure reducer and connector to the tubing. Seems like the perfect solution for me.

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 5:03pm

Drip System 1/2" --- Using .700 and .710

Quoted from "mrfixit" You probably wont have a problem. If it was me I'd buy the 700 though. I see you're in so cal. Ewing carries 710 while Hydroscape carries 700. Last time I checked Lowes and Home Depot also have the 700. I often use the 700 on the 710 for a snug fit. I can see using the 700 on the 710 but what about the other way around using 710 connectors on the 700 poly tubing? I have more 700 stuff but the 710 connectors at Ewing are much cheaper.

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 9:24am

Drip System 1/2" --- Using .700 and .710

My drip system was purchased using Dig .700 1/2" black and all the connectors are Dig for .700 I was at my sprinkler supply store and they only carry .710 connectors and poly pipe. How compatible is .710 and .700? I bought a couple of the .710 connectors to try on my Dig .700 pipe and they seem to work okay. The size seems to be the same but I have not tried it out on a working system (to see if it leaks). Anyone with experience on this question as I am not sure how different .710 and .700 are? ...

Monday, July 12th 2010, 9:10am

Can I move a drip system from hose faucet to an unused Irritrol Anti-siphon valve?

Thanks, I am going to try it out and I can always switch back to the hose set up if it doesn't work out. Thanks again

Saturday, July 10th 2010, 9:08pm

I have a drip system hooked up to my hose faucet with all the filters, pressure reducers etc. I also have a free auto anti-siphon valve right next to the where the drip system is hooked up to the hose. Can I use this extra valve to put the drip system on? Since the valve is going to a pipe that is capped are there connectors to hook up? If this is not feasible should I buy a new valve that is made specifically for drip systems? I really would like to get the drip system off my hose faucet? Thank...

Thursday, July 8th 2010, 8:00pm

A few newbie questions

Thank you soooooooo much, that is exactly what I wanted to learn. I have to admit I put this valve on 3 times before it didn't leak (the third time I did what you suggested and it has been fine). I was not putting enough tape on the first two times but now I know the way to do it (especially the pushing of the tape down into the threads). Thanks again for your help.

Thursday, July 8th 2010, 9:06am

A few newbie questions

This forum has been very helpful for a newbie like me to even try to do sprinkler work instead of hiring someone....thanks. Well I have been working on my sprinkler system (adding a zone and some new heads). I have some questions that I just haven't figured out. 1. I installed a new valve and the instructions said use teflon tape 3 to 5 wraps. Does that mean 3 - 5 wraps around each thread or 3 - 5 wraps around the entire thread body which would mean some threads would have less than 3 - 5 wraps?...

Wednesday, June 16th 2010, 5:08pm

How do I add a Faucet?

Quoted from "HooKooDooKu" I strongly suggest that you go with 1" PVC. There's not much price difference, yet a 1" line has twice the capacity of a 3/4" line which GREATLY reduce pressure losses. I have started thinking about what you said about 3/4" and 1" and even though my plumber said use 3/4" he didn't exactly say why. I started looking into my front yard and noticed it is currently using a 1" irritrol valve and 1" pipe going out to the sprinklers (as far as I can tell just from looking at ...

Wednesday, June 16th 2010, 9:24am

How do I add a Faucet?

Quoted from "HooKooDooKu" Then it sounds like all you need to do is Tee off the PVC line, transision to copper using a PVC MALE threaded fitting and a copper FEMALE threaded fitting (you NEVER want a plastic female fitting going to a metal male fitting, you risk splitting the plastic) and continue running the copper underground for a while before making a 90 degree turn to poke up above the ground (the idea being to allow some copper in the ground so that if the pipe sticking out of the ground ...

Wednesday, June 16th 2010, 8:52am

How do I add a Faucet?

Quoted from "HooKooDooKu" First of all, if this is for lawn irrigation, where flows are measured in gpm (gallons per minute), I strongly suggest that you go with 1" PVC. There's not much price difference, yet a 1" line has twice the capacity of a 3/4" line which GREATLY reduce pressure losses. If this is stricktly for drip irrigation, then 3/4" is ok. I am using 3/4" because that is what my water supply is and all the other valves on my current system work great running off the 3/4" water suppl...

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 9:31am

How do I add a Faucet?

Hello there, I am installing a new system with all 3/4" sch 40 I will be having 2 valves. This is in my backyard and the valves will be located at the other end of where I have a regular hose faucet but I would like to add a hose faucet right around where the supply 3/4" pvc comes to the 2 valves. Do I just use pvc and put a hose faucet (I am sure this is not the right terminolgy) on a part of the pipe coming from the line just before it gets to the valves? Do I just buy a hose faucet and screw ...