You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 70.

Thursday, November 13th 2003, 10:26am

Author: bhungue2

Placement of Backflow Device (Watts Double Check)

Like ray said use a tee, that is the best way. I generally install a 3/4" or 1" plug.

Wednesday, November 12th 2003, 2:53pm

Well Water- Low PSI, Design ?

Sorry I meant to say 1800 series.

Monday, November 3rd 2003, 7:36am

Rotor Helps....PLEEEEEEZZZ....

It's usually isn't a good idea to combine the two in one zone. But sometimes it's more practical to do so. I would put a spray in each corner with 12' nozzle, there should be plenty of coverage. As far as gpm 4-1/4circle-12'sprays would use about 2gpm's. And usually your rotors use about 3gpm's each. If your gpm's are maxed with your rotors you can use lower gallonage of nozzles in your rotors, if you change 2 rotors to two gallon nozzles you already give yourself enough gallonage to spare. If y...

Monday, November 3rd 2003, 7:23am

Well Water- Low PSI, Design ?

Is the well variable speed? I know I have come across some wells where you can actually change how much they pump. Check to make sure you can't adjust it's settings. I believe there are three settings. If the well isn't variable speed, I would just install the system according to the gpm I'm given. I use Rainbird 5000 series sprays (8' nozzles for such a small area) I've never used a booster pump or pressure regulator, I don't know that much about them.

Monday, November 3rd 2003, 7:14am

Installing Rainbird 5000 plus nozzles

You can just stick the screwdriver between the body of the head and the part that pops up, give it a little lift and then grab it with your hand and pull up. Just so you know those springs are pretty tight so you would have to hold on tight. I've done it this way a few times. Or just get a rainbird screwdriver, they're handy.

Monday, November 3rd 2003, 7:09am

right size backflow

You definitely need to telescope

Monday, October 27th 2003, 6:45am

Bad Design?

You should water during early early morning. I wouldn't worry about the sidewalk unless you have to use it between 2am and 6am.

Monday, October 27th 2003, 6:41am

Fixing Cracked PVC Under Concrete

I'd definitely feed a new line. Ripping up the driveway would bite.

Monday, October 27th 2003, 6:37am

New Rainbird system: Help!

I probably would have installed 9 spray heads, but rotors do work in this situation. I would have put the rotors in the corners of the yard. You want to use the 3 gallon nozzles, and adjust as necessary. If you have to turn them down a lot, switch to the 3 gallon low angle nozzles instead.

Monday, October 27th 2003, 6:23am

Locating Control Valve

If you know there is another valve in the same box you can turn on that zone and walk around the yard listening close to the ground. Valves tend to make a little humming. Or do what Ray said that would probably be easier.

Monday, October 27th 2003, 6:20am

right size backflow

I don't think that the 1' would restrict that much, when water is restricted for such a short distance it doesn't lose that much pressure. I'd stick with the one inch. But if you want wait for a second opinion.

Monday, October 27th 2003, 6:13am

Which controller?

I agree with Joseph, that's why I usually insall the rainbird esp module timer, it comes with a module, and you can by modules that have 3 zones on them up to twelve zones.

Monday, October 20th 2003, 8:11am

How to increase water pressure??

That sounds like a pain. But it's possible. If you want the easy route have a profesional do it. If you really want to do it yourself it may be tricky. You need to plug off the end that the hose connects to, dig up the mainline near the water meter, tie into line put in a main valve, blow plug, backflow device, and then find your main sprinkler line and connect into wherever. Finding the best place to tie into your sprinkler main line might be tricky, or it might not. Good luck.

Monday, October 20th 2003, 7:54am

Help with blow out!

I would definitely install a blow plug (the tee that Ray said). It make life a whole lot easier. It would be a pain to take the Backflow off each year.

Monday, October 20th 2003, 7:48am

Compressor Hookup

If your Irrigation supply store doesn't have what you need a Plumbing store is your next best bet.

Thursday, October 16th 2003, 8:16am

Bidding

thnx

Thursday, October 16th 2003, 7:12am

Bidding

Okay lets go back to the original question - there are some people who install piece of junk systems, they try to put in systems for as low price as they can rather than put in a good quality system. It kind of annoys me to see these people get lots of jobs because they can underbid everyone else. What can I do to help the people we give bids to understand that we may cost a little more but we offer a better quality system? Any ideas on how to tell people this and get them to not think that you ...

Wednesday, October 15th 2003, 4:27pm

TORO system is not working for me...

Good thinking[], it would be kind of goofy to do all of the other stuff if the mainline is turned off. Don't I feel like a clown![:o)] But if the mainline is on and there is water in the lines, then maybe listen to what I said earlier.[]

Wednesday, October 15th 2003, 4:23pm

Bidding

If you are going to blow out the system anyways why would you put drains on? Just curious. Also what's the IA?