You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 2:28am

Author: kevincheong

Wiring testing

I'm not sure what happen, my sprinkler system works I swap the zone 2 solenoid to zone 1 (I suspect zone 2 solenoid is damaged, just testing if it works on zone 1). Then I turn all the solenoids to clockwise position manually. Turn on station 1 on the controller, Wahlah! It works. Turn on station 2 working, station 3, and 4 working perfectly. BUT ... I setup timing to turn on at night 7pm, each station for 10 minutes duration. At night, I come out and check, the station 1 turn on ok. When it fin...

Monday, March 28th 2011, 11:17pm

Wiring testing

Hi, This is my valve connection pictures, may be you have some ideas what wrong with my system. http://home.iprimus.com.au/kevincheong/ Thanks again. You are right, in my controller next to the Common, is Pump common and Pump both connected to a white wire, I think is connected to my underground bored water. For the solenoid, there is no bleed screw. Only can turn left or right cannot take off to see the inside component.

Monday, March 28th 2011, 7:10pm

Wiring testing

Hi Mitchgo If I turn on station 2 on the controller, while it is on then I manually try to turn the solenoid to shut off the valve, will it damage the valve? Thanks.

Monday, March 28th 2011, 7:25am

Wiring testing

Thank you Mitchgo for your detail explanation. OK I will take a few picture of the valves connection, this way you can help me to solve this problem easily. I also suspect the zone 2 and zone 3 valves cause the problem, I did turn the solenoid left and right but it didn't turn on the valve manually? No water come out from the sprinklers. I think my valve is the Orbit Female BSP Jar Top Valve. Do you think is the solenoid mess up? I just bought a multimeter and will test the wires tomorrow. Talk ...

Monday, March 28th 2011, 2:19am

Wiring testing

I have a 4 stations system. I disconnect all the wires from the controller and disconnect all the wires and common from each valve. Then I only connect zone 1 wire to the controller and the valve. I turn on station 1 on the controller, station 1, 2 and 3 turn on at the same time. But station 2 and 3 without any wire connection on the controller or the valve, why there are on as well? What will be the problems?? Thank you for your advice in advance.

Friday, March 18th 2011, 9:53pm

Controller or valves problems?

This time I tried to swap station connection on the controller, station 1 to station 3 and station 2 to station 4. I still got the same result station 1 on (1,2,3,4 on), station 2 on (2,3 on), station 3 on (2,3 on). So, this is the controller problem??

Thursday, March 17th 2011, 6:51pm

Yes, I am using underground bored water.

Thursday, March 17th 2011, 1:32am

I have a 4 years old controller (orbit 57696) and it is working fine for years. This morning when I turned on station 1 (all 4 stations were on at the same time), tried station 2 (2 and 3 were on), turned on station 3 (2 and 3 were on again), turned on station 4 (2 and 3 were on as well). I checked all the valves, opened and cleaned them thoroughly. Check the valves wiring everything seems ok. But the same problem still exists. So, I disconnected the wire of station 3 on the controller. Turned o...