Search results 1-6 of 6.

Tuesday, August 19th 2003, 1:45pm

Author: craigwagner6

Pressure Drop Through Backflow Device

Thanks, Everyone has been a BIG help!

Tuesday, August 19th 2003, 1:44pm

Local Code Lingo

Thanks, That answered all of my questions!

Tuesday, August 19th 2003, 6:20am

Clamps for Poly Pipe

Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of clamp is the cheapest and/or easiest to use for clamping fittings into 1" poly? Does Sprinkler Warehouse carry these? If not, any suggestions on where to get them? Thanks, Craig

Tuesday, August 19th 2003, 4:16am

Local Code Lingo

Can anyone help? I plan on installing a sprinkler system myself. I started by looking up my local building codes. Everything was clear to me EXCEPT one part on the backflow prevention. I will write exactly what the code states and maybe someone can help me out. There are 2 approved types of backflow prevention devices. 1. Air-gap separation to be approved shall be twice the diameter of the supply pipe, measured vertically above the rim of the vessel, but in no case less than (3) inches. 2. Doubl...

Monday, August 18th 2003, 3:08pm

Ray Do you recommend a DC or a PVB? $$ wise the PVB would save a few bucks. What would you consider a high enough psi and gpm for a DC or a PVB? Is there a difference in pressure drop between the two? I have measured my psi at 55-70 lbs. I haven't measured my gpm yet since I haven't tapped into my 3/4 inch line yet. I wouldn't get an accurate gpm through my 1/2 inch outside faucet. I was also planning on going copper to the backflow and PVC from there to the valves then poly to the heads. Thanks...

Monday, August 18th 2003, 6:36am

I have 3/4 inch feed into my basement. I was going to tee off this line where it enters the basement to feed my system. I understand why I need to upsize the pipe to 1 inch (pressure drop considerations) when feeding the valves and heads. Would it be ok to continue the 3/4 inch copper a few feet to a 3/4 inch double check valve and then upsize to 1 inch PVC to the valves and then the sprinkler heads. OR...do I need a 1 inch double check valve. What is the pressure drop through a 3/4 inch double ...