You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 4:29pm

Author: GulfCoaster

Irritrol 700 valve will not close

Thanks for the help guys. I'm up and running. It is a difficult valve to repair. The repair kit cost more than a complete valve. Opening the valve on a work bench made it easier to see how to properly rebuild. Part of my problem was getting the float to set properly on the spring and then keep it in place while fitting the retainer piece (black ring piece). The stainless part of the float needs to sit in a notched recess just below the spring in the lower valve housing. Hold it in place with a s...

Friday, April 8th 2011, 5:20pm

OK - swapped out the diaphrams and that is the problem. I have a question about the best way to reassemble the 3/4" Irritrol 700. It seems difficult to get the float stop set on the spring and I wonder if that may be a contributing factor. Also is it best to put the diaphram on the cap and assemble or should I put the diaphram on the valve body and then position the cap. Here is what I did after cleaning and inspecting: 1. Set spring in place 2. Position detent in metal arm of float stop on top ...

Friday, April 8th 2011, 1:33pm

Hi guys. With your help, I designed and installed an irrigation system with 14 zones back in 2006. The whole system is Hunter except for 4 zones that are drip lines in the flower beds. I'm having a problem in one of the flower beds. The problem is that one zone comes on and stays on. The zone will keep dripping until I remove the plug on the bottom of the filter screen housing to relieve the water pressure. Zonehas a Irritrol 3/4 inch 700 series valve leading to a filter screen that looks like t...