You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Thursday, December 4th 2003, 9:41pm

Author: NRLP

blowing out a sprinkler system for the winter

I am located in Los Alamos, New Mexico at an altitude of 7500 ft. above sea level. It snows here in winters (though it has been pretty meager of late due to an ongoing drought)and is moderately cold (not like Minnesota or anything). For instance, daily average temperature ranges in November are like daytime highs in the upper and mid 40's and nighttime lows in the upper and mid 20's. This trend seems to be continuing so far. It is sunny for the most part round the year. I was talking to another ...

Thursday, December 4th 2003, 8:54pm

Sprinkler head won't rotate automatically

Thanx for the reply RVLI, The sprinkler head that is broken is a K Rain brand as are most of my other sprinkler heads. Is there any reason to switch brands at this time or are K Rain heads just as good as any? I have owned this preinstalled system for about two months and I don't know the history of these sprinkler heads performance, number of times they were replaced etc.

Wednesday, December 3rd 2003, 11:36am

blowing out a sprinkler system for the winter

Hi, I have no manuals or experience dealing with sprinkler systems and I am worried that I don't know how to "blow out" my newly inherited sprinkler system for the winter. I keep reading on this forum that this is really important for the pipes. I don't think the previous owner bothered to do this as he paid no attention to the lawn. As it happens, I also laid new sod this fall (about a month ago) and I am advised to water the sod infrequently (about once a week) but deeply through the winter to...

Wednesday, December 3rd 2003, 10:06am

Sprinkler head won't rotate automatically

Hi, I just have had one of my sprinkler heads stop rotating back and forth in the 180 degree arc that it used to. When the sprinkler comes on, all the other heads do their sweeps according to their angle settings. This one pops up and sprays fine but does not sweep back and forth. When the sprinkler shuts off, it retracts ok. I can turn the top part by hand when it is popped up and point it in any direction as it sprays. The sprinkler head brand is K Rain. Any suggestions?

Saturday, November 22nd 2003, 8:04am

sprinkler antisiphon/backflow problem

Pete, Ray, Thanks for your response. I looked through the link "Introduction to cross connection control" and found that the schematic for an AVB (automatic vacuum breaker) resembles what I have the closest. I am not 100% sure this is indeed what it is. I however have a couple of pictures of the device I am talking about that I'd like to share with you so that you can see what I am talking about. Is there any way I can send these to you? Thanx, NRLP

Friday, November 21st 2003, 8:12am

sprinkler antisiphon/backflow problem

I have an automatic sprinkler system, in my new home, with three zones. I have shut off the valves to the first two zones for the season. The third zone is on as I want to water a newly sodded area. The piping that prevents backflow (I don't know if this is called an ASV or backflow device) in my case looks like an inverted U about over a foot above the sprinkler heads. Lately, this U shaped plumbing pops out from the rest of the plumbing sometimes during operation and water gushes out of the pi...