You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 10:28am

Author: ScubaNana

Repair of PRV

By the way, it took two men from 10:30am to 5:00pm to complete the job. They did take time to go pick up parts (about an hour). They also adjusted all of my sprinkler heads. Now that I have so much pressure, they needed to be turned down. But, I still thought it seemed an excessive amount of time. I guess they wanted to give me my money's worth in labor. One man was on his cell phone quite a lot. The other man had only worked for the company for the last two weeks. He did most of the work with s...

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 10:22am

Sprinklers fixed, but expensive repair...

The PRV was in an impossible position to get to, so they spread things out when they replaced everything. They also put the PRV in it's own box w/gravel underneath. Hopefullly, it won't be exposed to the dirt/water and will not get corroded so easily. I really appreciate all of the feedback I've been getting from everyone here on the SprinklerTalk forum. Thanks for your prompt and helpful insights.

Sunday, May 22nd 2011, 8:07pm

Sprinkler system is getting no pressure, but cannot find leak...

Oh... I did try turning up the flow at some of the sprinkler heads without any luck. They do not seem to have been touched by an evil yard elves.

Sunday, May 22nd 2011, 8:05pm

Wow... lots to do. I made sure there was no water running in the house, looked at the valves on the backflow assembly (both fully on), then checked the meter at the street. Perfectly still. No movement of the little triangle or dial. Pipe break: This is scarry... but again, the pressure in the house seems to be the same as before. I took a shower with no difference that I could note. I've done dishes by hand with lots of pressure from the faucet and sprayer. Toilets flush and refill just fine......

Sunday, May 22nd 2011, 3:27pm

The only valves I know to check are the two on the double check valve assembly. In order to look inside, I closed the valves, removed two bolts from the housing and looked inside. While it was open, I slowly opened the valve from the main supply to see if there was adequate pressure. It came on fast and hard. Because there seemed to be plenty of pressure at this point, I am assuming that all is well leading up to this point. (My house water pressure is unchanged and strong.) I don't know where t...

Sunday, May 22nd 2011, 2:59pm

I just saw your post... I guess I looked into the wrong thing. So, where do you suppose the regulator is? By the way, the part I described had the words "Watts" and "Regulator" on it along with the number "0552?" stamped on it... so what is a double check valve assembly? and what does it do? Thanks again for your help...

Sunday, May 22nd 2011, 2:38pm

Sprinkler system pressure problem

Okay, so now I've ventured a little further. I unbolted the top of the regulator housing to take a peek inside. There is an odd shaped plastic open cube in the center of the regulator. On the side where the water enters from the main, there is a spring that I can see, but not get to because of this plastic cube (which I also tried to remove, but it doesn't budge.) The spring looks intact. I turned the water valve on slightly to see if the water ran freely coming from the main. It did. On the sid...

Sunday, May 22nd 2011, 1:25pm

I have found the box in the yard that houses the regulator and shut-off valves. There are two valves, one on each side of the regulator. Both valves are open, so I guess the next step is to check out the regulator. I'm unfamiliar with this, but am willing to give it a try with some direction. The pressure regulator is a "Watts Regulator" with markings: 007M3 QT DC, 3/4", serial #211062, 175psi. There are two bolts that I can get to that look like they will remove the top of the housing. Is that ...

Saturday, May 21st 2011, 2:02pm

Tuesday, my sprinklers worked fine. Wednesday, I had a total loss of pressure on all stations. Only the drip portions of the stations were working, yet not at full capacity. I cannot find a leak anwhere. Any suggestions?