You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Tuesday, February 24th 2004, 7:47am

Author: H2O Concepts

Need help with Pump size and irrigation design....

In some instances class 125 or class 200 pvc flows better and is cheaper than schedule 40. Once you get to the friction loss portion of this install, we'll compare the friction losses of the respective pipes. System GPM-You need to decide how large of zones you want to run. If you have 10 heads @ 1.6 gpm/head, you have a 16 GPM zone. Remember, the larger your zones, the more horsepower you will need. What is nice about what you are doing is that that you are not limited on your zones like people...

Tuesday, February 24th 2004, 7:30am

I'm not familiar with Stryker's page, but you do need to know your flows and pressures before you can effectively calculate your friction losses. You figure out how many GPM you want to run on this system at any one given time and at what pressure, and we'll walk you through the rest. Why are you going to use schedule 40 pvc?

Monday, February 23rd 2004, 3:18pm

You have to take into account all of your friction losses in the system, multiply the psi losses by 2.31. This converts psi to feet. Then figure out what kind of pressure you want to run in your system and multiply that # by 2.31. Then you look at your worst case sprinkler head in regard to elevation. If your worst head is 15 ft above the level of you pump, you would add 15 ft to your pressure required in ft and your pressure loss in ft. Obviously, you would be better off if your pump and water ...

Thursday, February 5th 2004, 5:50am

Run Times

To address the water scheduling question I would like to add some information. Every region has different limitations and restrictions on watering, but here in WA we aren't limited on our watering. Things to be considered when cycling the different zones are: infiltration rate for your soil, rooting depth, monthly gross irrigation required for your specific turf and region (10.27"/month in July at my location), available water capacity of your soil, and the precipitation rate of your sprinklers ...