You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

Saturday, October 6th 2012, 2:37pm

Author: howserss

Can you convert a Rainbird DV valve to a DVF?

Can you convert a rainbird DV valve ( 1 inch slip ) to a DVF valve to get the flow control feature? I want to do this for a drip zone I have. I found something on google that said to just buy a DVF and doa gut swap. Is that difficult or kind of self explanitory.

Tuesday, September 25th 2012, 4:22pm

Output pressure goes to zero after pump stops

After the system shuts off the pressure guage on the ouput side is going to zero after about 5 minutes or less. It used to stay pressurized all the time. Does this mean one or more of the valves is allowing water past it?

Saturday, September 15th 2012, 8:17am

Restricted pump flow without pressure switch

Yeah I like the idea of running the drip with the other zones in my configuration. I have a pretty small yard. I just wish I had complete control over which zones it ran with so I could control the length of time it drips. If I didn't have the pump start relay I could configure the MV to only trigger on certain zones. Right now I am watering in the new sod so I am watering more than I normally would. Maybe I can just put a small switch so I can turn off the drip so it does not run so much for no...

Friday, September 14th 2012, 1:58pm

They hooked up a drip line to a dedicatd zone without a zone pressure regulator. When I have the pressure switch enabled the pump cycles every 15 seconds. So I can keep the switch enabled what I did was hook up the drip zone to the MV circuit so it runs with all other zones. This is a work around for now until I find a real solution. If I hook up a pressure regulator and set it at 20 PSI would it stop the pump from cycling so frequently? The normal zones run at about 45-50 PSI and the pressure s...

Thursday, September 13th 2012, 9:37pm

Sta-Rite 1.5 HP Jet Pump SNF-L series. 1.25 in 1 inch out. Well has 12 wellpoints in 3 wells 10 feet apart. I believe the well points are stacked. The wells are 35 feet deep, it says on my paperwork it has 15 feet of lift. Does this mean the water is at 15 or 20 feet. The soil is sandy i live in Florida and the recovery rate is slow so thats why I only get 16 GPM. The guy that did the well his family has been doing wells for about 60 years in my area of Florida. I have a 1 inch main line with 7 ...

Thursday, September 13th 2012, 4:31pm

Assuming the pump does not have a pressure switch so it won't cycle, If you were to run a pump that had a 16 GPM flow at 30 PSI with an open outlet at 1 GPM would it hurt the pump? The reason I am asking this is my irrigation installer wanted me to bypass the pressure switch and I refused stating it would damage the pump or some other component. If I am wrong I will bypass it, but I need a second opinion first.

Monday, September 10th 2012, 7:45pm

Drip zone 1 GPH high pressure

I have a drip zone in the front of my house and It has a dedicated zone (valve) that has a 100 foot hose rated at 1 GPH. My pump is doing 15 GPM at 50 PSI. What I did was hook the drip zone to run from the MV circuit. This way any zone I water also runs the drip in the front. So far so good and I do not notice any differnce on any of the zones even my heaviest that uses 5 42SA 3.0 rotors. I have a pressure switch, Pump Start Relay also and everything is playing nice together so far. My installer...

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 8:59pm

Setting Pressure tank on Jet Pump

I dont think you understood what I was trying to say. When I check the pressure at the shrader valve of the air tank I just want to make sure it is drained of all water first. The way I do this is to make sure the guage in my 1 inch out pipe says 0. I drained all the water out of the system from one of the valves by manually removing the threaded screw from the top.

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 5:05pm

Setting Pressure tank on Jet Pump

If my output line pressure guage reads 0 PSI and it is right after the pressure tank can I set the tank to its correct pressure? I turned the system off and manually opened a valve to relieve the pressure. I just wanted to make sure the pressure is set correctly after my irrigation system was installed. Plus I changed the pressure switch to 35-55 so it would not cycle on a zone that was a little higher pressure. I guess if the cut in PSI is 35 now does that mean the empty tank PSI should be abou...

Friday, September 7th 2012, 2:20pm

Pump Start Relay working intermittently FIXED!!!

They replaced my ESP-SMT screen with the ESP modular screen and it started working corectly. They didn't replace the body or modules because they all tested out fine. (all thought they did give them all to me if I want to switch it out later)

Thursday, September 6th 2012, 9:01pm

0 pressure on pump output

When the pump is sitting the pressure reads about 40PSI on the outlet side. I have a guage on it. When it turns on it goes to 0 PSI for about a minute then it finally goes up to about 50PSI while it runs. It just started doing this after I had the irrigation system installed last week. The pump never did this when I used hoses only. The pump was installed in 2008. It has never lost prime over the last 3 years and it was not used that often. Any ideas?

Thursday, September 6th 2012, 7:05pm

Pump Start Relay working intermittently

The pump start relay relay is working intermitently from my ESP-SMT controller. This is a new system and I have not yet programmed the controller and have been testing with manual watering. It is set to use MV for each zone so that should not be the problem. I do have the relay wired kind of weird. The load and line wires were on the wrong side so they are wrapped around insdie the PSR-52 relay. Could this cause the problem? I am going to re wire it so it does not need to wrap around inside the ...

Friday, June 8th 2012, 11:33am

valve size

The pressures I need are 45 for rotors and 30 for sprayers. I have a pretty small yard ,I wont have any pressure/flow probloems will I with the 1 inch valves. I will keep all zones to the correct pressure/flow level. I am looking at this valve "Rain Bird 100-PGA 1 in. FPT Valve with Flow Control" would that be the best for a small residential valve. The PEB seems a little expensive 3 times the price. This is on a well/pump system. The price difference in 6 valves would be 6*16 = $96 or 6*57 = $3...

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 8:52pm

valve size

I just got a sprinkler design from rainbird. I have 15 GPM @ 50 PSI. They specified 3/4 inch valves. Would it be ok to switch to 1 inch valves? It has a 1 inch main sch 40 line going to a 1 inch class 200 zone line.

Friday, December 30th 2011, 8:35pm

Controller hookup with pressure switch

Sorry to be such a pain I just needed to make sure. This is the first time I have worked with a pump or sprinkler system. Well it seems like I have a good system I had the pump installed in 2008 with a 12 point well. Now I will finally get the sprinkler system installed.

Thursday, December 29th 2011, 5:26pm

It has a pressure tank on top of the pump will that be enough.

Wednesday, December 28th 2011, 7:52pm

So that means just hook up the valves to the controller and the pump will turn on automagically when a valve is opened, correct?

Tuesday, December 27th 2011, 9:12pm

I have a pressure switch on my pump (1.5 HP Sta Rite) and I have 230V hookup to the pump. When I turn on the water at the hand valve the pump comes on. I want to have a controller installed. WIll the controller just need to be wired to the manifold valves and not to the pump at all. If a valve is opened then the pump should come on correct?