You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-2 of 2.

Monday, March 29th 2004, 11:28am

Author: unclerich

Naive question about backflow

Yahoo! You mean I'm just unaware that these were open...I thought this was some pressue problem and so the backflow preventer doing its thing! I now have my sprinkler pressure running....and now another question too of course. In the back of the yard, I still have old galvanized and old valves, to be updated "soon". I'm seeing a bunch of leakage in one of the older valves, clearly the from valve housing and not the pipe. I will read around on these postings, but am wondering what is usually repl...

Sunday, March 28th 2004, 3:13pm

Author: unclerich

Naive question about backflow

****o, not very handy fellow here. Sprinkler line broke last year, had new system put in with backflow. Last fall, I just shut off water and then drained system by running the cycles. Today, I tried to turn system on, but can't do much 'cause after some air bursts, I get water running out of both outlets of the (vacuum-type) backflow preventer. [xx(] I know anything at all can be going on here, but wanted your thoughts as to what you would try first, or what you think is happening. (Am trying to...