You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 9:19am

Author: rosewater

Thanks, Good Info

Thanks, Wet Boots. I've never really studied soils that much, but do know they really differ right here in Texas from area to area. To be honest, I doubt my front yard would make the cover of "Better Homes & Gardens" or the like, as there are low places that need filling in for a perfect lawn & other types of grass horning in on the St Augustine. But, it is nice and green, and in much better shape than previous to the drip system being installed. I'm here to learn from you guys, and appreciate t...

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 12:26am

Lines, soil, ...

Gator Guy, lines are probably a little closer, like 4', but possibly a little over that . The soil here is sandy topsoil with a lot of clay deeper down, not at all like the soil in Beaumont where I'm from, which was nice black soil. Wet Boots, how close would the nozzles have to be ? I've never seen any closer than 12"; I guess you could run multi-side-by-side lines to get 6", but that would probably be counterproductive. The best way I can state the type of soil here is that it's sandy with som...

Friday, April 27th 2012, 11:06am

Striping

Gator Guy, definitely yes, if the amount of water is not carefully controlled. This is just my observation, but if the timer is set for too long a period and the system puts out too much water, there can be light stripes, though not that noticeable. Another plus with this system is the way the grass grows so thick and lush. (Only disadvantage here is mowing is a little more difficult). I haven't tried hooking my inline fertilizer bottle to the system (really for the roses), but may try it someti...

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 10:08pm

Lawn Subsurface Drip System

I'm new here, and am really glad I found this site. I was looking for the proper way to calculate the water my rose garden system will put out, using 12" spaced, .9gph drip tubing, but what a great site !! Regarding subsurface drip, I had quite a bit of Netafim tubing (.9gph/12") after I did my rose garden 3 years ago; as stated, I'm totally new here, but my front lawn is approximately 30'x60', and I just ran 6 lines across it and connected them with 2 other long pieces, and used a spare filter,...