You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Monday, April 30th 2012, 7:11pm

Author: Pinecrest

Protective cage for backflow preventers

The installation is still in the planning stage, so your suggestion of an in-line installation is very helpful. I suppose I did not focus on an in-line configuration months ago when I began thinking about it because I wanted to minimize how far into the yard the above-ground plumbing would extend into the yard, perpendicular to a wood fence at the property line. However, when I estimate the difference in overall length for an in-line installation, it's only about 15 inches more. Better yet, it's...

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 9:30pm

An electronics enclosure could be an alternative if it's constructed similar to a cage, not a completely enclosed cabinet, so that any water coming out of the Reduced Pressure Assembly relief valve could easily drain away. BTW, I just looked at the GorillaCages.com site and see they do offer custom fabrication service and will ask for a quote. Thanks for your advice - I'll continue to explore electronics enclosures to see what I can find.

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 9:15pm

I want to have a lockable metal cage covering my backflow preventers to guard against theft of the brass and copper. I searched multiple websites but have not been able to find a standard size cage that fits the proposed installation and would like advice regarding having a custom cage fabricated. I'm planning to install two backflow preventers side by side above ground. The first one (Wilkins 350XL 1 1/2", Double Check Assembly) is on the main water line between the meter and the house. There i...