You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Monday, May 9th 2005, 3:09pm

Author: JCWood

Drip Line and Micro-irrigation

****o. I have three areas in my lawn that are intended to be flower beds. When my sprinkler system was installed, the contracter ran separate brown drip lines to the three areas. At that time, I did not have any trees or flowers in the areas so the location of the drips did not matter. Now, I do have trees and flowers and I want to specify where the water goes. I know that I have to replace the brown drip lines. My questions are: (1) Can I use drip emmitters? My contractor simply made tiny holes...

Thursday, April 8th 2004, 9:16pm

Blazing Saddles Install

Aquamatic: Thanks for the reply. However, I cannot use the saddles that SprinklerWarehouse currently sells because my poly pipe is 1 1/4" and SprklrWrhse only has 1" with the funny pipe barb. So, it looks like I must buy the 1 1/4" saddles (BS10000) and use 3/4 (mpt) x Swing Pipe Spiral Barb Male (SBMA-075). RainMan: Thanks so much for the tip about using hose clamps, I would not have done it.

Wednesday, April 7th 2004, 5:42pm

Flow Rate

I am in the process of double checking my design before making the order. I would like to confirm the following: My house does not have a water meter. The line from the city is 1" poly (the black pipe). The sprinkler line is also 1" poly and tees off from the main line once this line enters the basement. Using a pressure gauge on the water hose bib, I measured a static pressure of 60 psi. According to all of the design tables that I have found, the maximum flow for my 1" poly sprinkler line shou...

Tuesday, April 6th 2004, 10:27pm

Blazing Saddles Install

I have designed my system and am in the process of buying the necessary parts. I am a little unclear on blazing saddles and hope that someone can explain. My understanding is that the blazing saddle is slipped over the lateral poly pipe and a threaded fitting is screwed into the saddle so as to pierce the poly pipe. What I do not understand is what then attaches to the saddle. Does the sprinkler head screw into the saddle or is funny pipe attached to the saddle? What has me confused is the small...