You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 12:35pm

Author: pman

Hunter pgj squirting water from neck collar

You mean dirt damaged the riser? I'm sure part of the cap was above grade, but there are still slight scratches on the riser.

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 2:48am

Hunter pgj squirting water from neck collar

Is this a warranty issue, or can it be fixed? This rotor is less than a year old, and water squirts from the cap collar, where the arrow is pointing. The water spirals up the riser assembly.

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 2:41am

Pressure specifications of Hunter rotors

The spec sheet of the pgj lists psi range from 30-50 psi. Is that the total pressure going into the system? I just measured the pressure of the hose bib directly upstream of my sprinkler system, and it read 70 psi. What negative effects will this have?

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 7:21pm

Can you mix popups and rotors on the same station?

Quoted Systems that employ PGJ heads are already under suspicion of being cheaply built. yes. I realized the cheapness of the whole thing after the licensed landscaper installed my sprinkler system. It pissed me off he didn't use PGP's. The material cost difference is so minimal. The sod was installed in a December, so coverage issues didn't manifest till after spring, and especially the hot summer. You're right, I could run a pipe 2/3 distance from the left corner, and put another rotor, and j...

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 5:35pm

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" Why not just use a larger nozzle on the rotor in the dry corner? That is, if you have water to spare. You might also just try reducing its distance with the adjusting screw, and concentrate the water closer to the head. I've tried everything. Originally, the pgj's were installed with 2gpm nozzles. They didn't shoot far enough. That led to a dry right corner. I upgraded to 3gpm in the left corner, and with a tailwind, it solved the dry right corner. Now all I have is dry ...

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 1:16pm

so in the first 2 lines of your response, you say don't do it, but it would technically work? Yeah, I know the precip is like 3x, but as long as the gpm is low, I don't care. I would just like to know if I buy a 10' radius spray, that it will spray 10' while the existing rotors are running simultaneously. Here's my problem. The west corner is dried out because the the east corner rotor faces headwind and can't reach the west end. Both corners have 3gpm nozzles, and the west corner has no problem...

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 10:34am

wondering if both popups and rotors can perform maximally on the same line. I have 7gpm total rotor output currently. plan to add 2 more popups sprayers to fix the bad coverage.

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 1:45am

Hunter pgp. dry patches of grass

i live in los angeles county. The soil isn't bad. The rest of the lawn is growing ok. the water is just not reaching the area around the rotors. and the breezes are blowing back the water and preventing it from reaching the front center of the grass. the rotors are not designed to spray water near themselves, right? That's why you put them head to head so a neighboring rotor can cover that area? there does not appear to be runoff. If there were, wouldn't the grass along the sidewalk be nice and ...

Sunday, June 17th 2012, 7:53pm

Quoted from "spray" your pipe not necessarily 1/2". It's just PGJs have 1/2 " inlet I hope so. I looked at the rainbird control valve today, and it appears it is 3/4" I finally took a picture of the grass today. See all the grass near the corner sprinklers are spotty and dead. I don't think the PGJ's are powerful enough. If it's 3/4" pipe, I think it would be best to upgrade the front rotors to PGP's with 2.5 nozzle. Or perhaps put a 4th PGJ on the station in the front center of the lawn ? The ...

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 12:27am

oh man I just looked at the sprinklers again, and the installer put in PG J's. Not pgp's. Will switching to PGP's in the front part of the lawn help water it better? Can I have PGJ's and PGP's on the same station ? all my pipe must be 1/2" pvc. Can a 3/4" pgp be put on there?

Monday, June 11th 2012, 2:33am

I don't think the sprinkler installer put them head to head. Would blue nozzles help in my case, since the grass is dead near the sprinkler.. ? based on the birds eye view, the 2 outside sprinklers would not reach each other...

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 12:20am

I have hunter pgp 4" at the corner. There is a slight incline where the grass is laid. there's a dry patch within 5 feet radius of the sprinkler, like it's not getting water. I turned on the sprinkler, and it appears to be spraying normally. This is not a current picture. This was when the sod was just installed. But the dry patch is circled, and the sprinkler is marked with arrow. I don't know how to remedy this