You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 12:19pm

Author: smashclash

Where should I connect my compressor?

Here is a picture of my setup. However the PVB was replaced this summer with a new Conbraco PVB4A from this site. The water line comes out of the house to a T fitting just above the garden hose connection and flows up into the PVB and to the right and then down into the PVC pipe into the ground. I was hoping to hook up the compressor at the hose bib but this would mean the compressed air is running through the PVB to the sprinkler heads. Is this a no-no? The connections on the PVB itself are cap...

Monday, July 30th 2012, 11:51am

Slow leak at sprinkler head

I tried emailing the company that installed the sprinkler system but they do not have a diagram of the layout. To find valves they use the electronic valve locator and charge $60/hr plus materials. Ugh, not sure I'm ready to give up the search yet at that price. Could it be logical to locate the valve by turning on the zone and trying to spot which sprinkler head pops up first and starts spitting air/water? That should tell me where the line is coming in from and would give me a reasonable area ...

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 7:28pm

Thanks. I went probing around today but came up empty. I did find the water valve for the line in from the street that had been covered over. Here's a photo of the house from the street. The pipe comes out from the side of the house and then at some point goes under the driveway to the front yard. There's a telecom line that runs along near the sidewalk and that's making finding things a little more challenging. I found the receipt from when the previous homeowner had the sprinkler system instal...

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 2:36pm

Here are some pics which will hope explain where I'm at. The first pic is a photo of my front yard. It's a slight slope which goes downward toward the road. The yellow arrows are about where the sprinkler heads popup. The pink arrow in the middle is the sprinkler head that's leaking. It's the lowest one in the zone and is right at the curb in the middle. I Assume the pipe runs parallel to the driveways since the heads are right next to them. I wonder how the line is run to the middle head that's...

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 11:14am

South Jersey. (I have my sprinkler system blown out before every winter).

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 9:04am

OK, pulled the cap off the underground can. There's wiring in there and also one sprinkler valve. If I have 6 zones should there be 5 more of these cans elsewhere in the yard? I suppose there would have to be a valve for each zone otherwise how could water pressure be directed to the different zones. And if I found one can with one valve in it by itself it should be reasonable to assume there would be other cans with only one valve in them elsewhere in the yard as well. Ughh, this is gonna be a ...

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 7:57am

Thanks. Is there typically one weeping valve for each zone, or sprinkler head, or just one master one for all zones? Are the weeping valves all located together somewhere or (if its 1/zone are they "inside" each zone?) There's a spot in my yard close to the house with a plastic cover that has sprinkler stuff in it. I know there's wiring in there and some piping. The inside looks like it's maybe gallon sized and there's dirt in the bottom. I haven't probed around in there in a while but I guess t...

Saturday, July 28th 2012, 6:09pm

I have a sprinkler head (Rainbird 1800) that is trickling out water when the system is off. I thought perhaps the cap head was loose or worn out so I tried replacing it but the same trickle exists with the new one. The water is coming out where the pipe slides through the cap. This particular head is 1 of 6 heads in the zone. It has the lowest elevation in the zone. I'm guessing a valve somewhere isn't closing all the way and the water leaks from the sprinkler head with the with the lowest eleva...