You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 11:20am

Author: Big Al

Can Rain Bird 8si Operate 2 valves at the Same Time?

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" If you intend to split a zone by adding two more zone valves in the field, the original zone valve gets connected to the Master Valve terminal of the controller. Thanks for the reply - I think I understand. So in my case, I would move the wire from zone 1 at the controller to MV. I assume this valve would be open when the program is running and closed when not running. I would then wire valve 8 to zone 1 and valve 9 to zone 8? Thanks again!

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 4:03am

I don't think I explained my idea well enough, so I'll add a drawing. I'm working on zone one only, and have an unused zone available on the controller, and a spare wire available at both the controller and the manifold. I want to isolate the new heads and have them be zone 8, w/o running a pipe back to the manifold. In my scenario, I wire zone one and zone 8 to both open valve #1, which is in the manifold. For zone 1 to continue to flow the same heads as it does now, the controller would open v...

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 1:52am

Thanks for the reply - I never even thought of program A & B. I bought this house w/ the system in place - took me awhile to figure out the controller which isn't terribly intuitive. Seems to me though - since I'll be installing valves on the lateral lines after the manifold, that it'll have to open two valves at the same time to accomplish what I want it to. Per your response, it's capable of doing that - so thanks again! Al

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 1:01am

OK - thinking about this - maybe a better (or additional) question would be: Can I operate the same valve from 2 different zones? In other words, can I run a wire frone Zone ONE on the controller to Valve ONE and a wire from Zone EIGHT on the controller to valve ONE? Or will the current back feed to the controller and fry it? Thanks again!!

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 12:10am

Hi All - I have a Rain Bird 8si controller - currently only 7 zones in use. I am splicing into zone ONE (8 heads) after the manifold to run 5 additional bubblers in a garden. Can I wire this thing so that zone 1 continues to operate as it does now, and a new zone 8 for the bubblers will operate the original zone ONE valve at the manifold and the new zone EIGHT valve after the splice? I realize that for the new zone EIGHT the zone ONE valve at the manifold will also need to be open - so this prob...