You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

Wednesday, August 8th 2007, 7:26am

Author: Squidward

Changeout one zone at a time?

The canisters are mostly tipped and/or too low, so I want to get rid of them altogether or I'll have to dig and re-set the canisters and put in new heads. I'd rather just put in rotors, but would first like to be sure my system will work with rotors. That's the reason I was thinking of trying to changeout just one zone first. Squid

Tuesday, August 7th 2007, 1:55pm

Changeout one zone at a time?

My minipaws are nearly all in need of replacement and I would like to try 42SAs. There are 5 zones of 5 minipaws each. I am wondering about trying to change just one zone and see how it works with my pressure and well water. Is there a way to install the 42SA or equivalent without removing the canister? And does this sound like a good idea? Thanks for the great help! Squid

Friday, July 20th 2007, 8:16am

Plug Minipaw temporarily? Add drip line?

We put a new garden into an area that was just grass. There was a Minipaw there, about midway in a zone of 6 heads, which we just left in for the time being. Now we want to run this zone but without this Minipaw. Is there a way to plug this head temporarily? An old Minipaw with a screw run into the nozzle? Has anyone figured out a way to break off the top of the sleeve and plug it? Also, isn't there a way to run a drip from the old Minipaw canister, if this is what we decide to do? We have about...

Wednesday, July 11th 2007, 5:09am

locate poly pipe ends, extend lines

I haven't installed any rotors, yet, but it appears they don't spray around their base the way impacts do; if so, don't you have to set these deeper into the corners than impacts? Making them less appropriate for along streets and driveways? Thanks, Gary

Wednesday, July 11th 2007, 1:57am

locate poly pipe ends, extend lines

A few years ago, the city excavated about 30 feet into everyone's yard for sewer and water. For many of us, this meant cutting off and removing the end runs of our sprinkler systems. This area is now lawn and garden. I need to locate the cut ends, splice the poly, and replace the lines, fittings, and heads. 2 of my zones were cut off; the first zone had poly, a T, and 3 heads; the other zone had a line and 1 head. Any tricks for probing to locate the cut ends? I do have measurements but expect s...

Sunday, July 8th 2007, 9:25am

Rotor Replacements for RainBird Minipaws

Sorry to bring this topic up again, but I just can't get clarification and assistance from RainBird. I'd like to replace the Minipaws. RainBird made the 5000 but they have apparently been replaced by something else--72SA or whatever. But as far as I can find out--even from the "experts" at RainBird--they don't really claim that any of their rotors is a retrofit for the Minipaws or Maxipaws. And they don't even offer the spacer ring to cover the space between the rotor and the canister, so you ca...

Wednesday, June 27th 2007, 3:00pm

pressure tank questions

OK, I have learned that this is an AVC or air volume control. Apparently it has an adjustable float inside the tank. I assume it is bad, because of the sputtering, but maybe that is just an adjustment issue. I find these AVCs online only a couple of places. Now I am wondering if I have to buy a whole new tank. Advice anyone?? Thanks, Gary

Wednesday, June 27th 2007, 10:21am

pressure tank questions

Link to photos of my pressure tank: http://gspics.photosite.com/Album4/tank_part_2.html

Wednesday, June 27th 2007, 10:05am

pressure tank questions

CORRECTION: I guess the black part is actually plastic. It is hexagon-shaped with a small white plug in it that has a slot apparently designed for adjusting with a standard screwdriver. Gary

Wednesday, June 27th 2007, 9:44am

pressure tank questions

I have one or two problems--I hope it is just one. Lately, the garden hose sprinkler will reduce to a dribble after about half an hour. The pressure tank is still cycling; it builds up to 70 pounds on the gauge, and appears to be sending, but the sprinkler starts just dribbling; if I shut the spigot and then open it again after an hour, the sprinkler will work again, for a while. Also there is a black steel part on my pressure tank that spits and sputters while the garden hose or sprinkler is on...

Sunday, June 17th 2007, 2:09pm

Replacing Mini-Paws and PVB

Thanks Josh for the help. Just what I needed! Any tricks for removing the heads? These cups have an inch or 2 of dirt in them, and the last time I tried to unscrew one, the wrench just kept slipping; never did get the job done! -Gary

Saturday, June 16th 2007, 8:25am

Replacing Mini-Paws and PVB

Our recently-purchased Minnesota house has an old system, with about 20 #15103 Mini-Paws, many of which need repair or replacement. Also, the Wilikins #720-A vacuum breaker is cracked in the ball valve assembly beneath the bowl. You experts generally advise replacing the Mini-Paws with Hunter PGP-ATRs or RainBird 5000. Looks like good advice to me--particularly as these are apparently supposed to plug right in, essentially. Question: the Mini-Paw canister is much bigger than the top of the PGP-A...

Saturday, May 15th 2004, 4:12pm

Rainbird Pop-a-way relacement

Can you give me more details about changing over from the impact-type Rainbirds to rotors. I've been in this house 3 years and know the system has numerous non-working heads along with some tilted heads. I also have to replace about 80' of hose and 5 heads that were dug up for utility work. I may be replacing a valve attached to the vacuum breaker. The sprinklers are apparently all Rain Bird Model No. 15103. I'm wondering what would make the best substitute, particularly in terms of ease of repl...