You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

Thursday, May 9th 2013, 11:43am

Author: pmsmith2032

Drip question...emitter tubing

Can anyone tell me if I can connect 1/4" solid tubing (running to individual emitters) from 1/2" emitter tubing (with holes spaced every 18")? Is it possible to plug holes in the 1/2" emitter tubing in areas where there are no plants? Thanks!

Thursday, April 25th 2013, 10:33am

Quality of Drip Irrigation Equipment

Thanks both Wet_Boots and mrfixit for the responses. I actually may very well order from the Sprinkler Warehouse after comparing pricing. After doing a lot or online reading, I am leaning towards using Rain Bird Xeri-Bug emitters (probably placed on stakes in most cases), 1/2" Rain Bird XT-700 distribution tubing (or something similiar) and a hose adapter kit (DIG SW9000 3/4 in. FHT Hose Bib Drip Connection Kit or Rain Bird Faucet Connection Kit). I envision connecting the Xeri-Bugs directly int...

Wednesday, April 24th 2013, 12:22pm

I must say Wet_Boots that your responses to both my post have been rather rude in my opinion. No where on this site does it state that this site is for professionals. I am merely trying to gain information and make educated decisions. I was planning on ordering from Sprinkler Warehouse (the sponsor of this forum) but your responses have left a bad taste in mouth. I am an accountant by profession, and would never dream of responding to questions (no matter how silly) by those less knowledgeable t...

Monday, April 22nd 2013, 2:13pm

I am getting ready to buy drip irrigation equipment and I am wondering if there is any difference in quality between equipment (tubing, emitters, microsprayers etc) purchased at a hardware store (Menards - Rain Bird and Orbit) and equipment offered online. I've read that sprinkler equipment offered online is often higher quality (commercial) as opposed to that in big-box stores, but I haven't seen anything on the drip irrigation eqiupment. Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 10:12am

Drip Irrigation System

While I understand your skepticism, the reason I posted on this forum was for feedback and advice. I am trying to learn and was unaware that the anti-siphon on a hose bib isn't sufficient. My intention on posting was to try and better understand how to make an inexpensive, effiecient, safe, quality drip/micro system. Going forward, what type of backflow valve would be best and least costly for such a drip system, with the assumption that I will be incorporating this system into a permamnent spri...

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 7:12am

Drip Irrigation System

After research, I am wondering if it would be better to use microsprayers rather than emitters? Some of our beds are rather wide and long (25' wide by 75' long for example - see pictures above) and will be filled with perennials along with the already planted shrubs and trees. These beds are a work in progress (I've planted over 150 containers of perennials using the winter sowing method which I plan on planting this spring). I think the microsprayers might give me better flexibility and be less...

Tuesday, April 9th 2013, 10:14am

Drip Irrigation System

We have been contemplating a sprinkler system and have decided to start adding drip irrigation first (hooking it up to the hose bibs) and then adding the hard-piped sprinkler system later this year/next spring. We will set the drip irrigation in the large mulched beds of trees, shrubs and perennials and set them up so that they can be added to the hard-piped sprinkler system when it is installed. How should we setup such a system? Should we run a regular garden hose from the bib to the mulch bed...

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 5:20pm

PSI and GPM questions

I bought an Orbits pressure gauge at Menards and it is actually reading about 4 or 5 psi higher at the hose bib than the city said our static pressure is. I am assuming I should just use the lower one supplied by the city.I did the bucket test and came up with just over 10 gpm. However, if I use the calculator on irrigation tutorial I come up with 18 gpm (1" copper pipe). Not sure if the 5/8 water meter is affecting it.

Tuesday, March 12th 2013, 10:03am

Inexpensive Sprinkler System

I am hoping someone can help me with a inexpensive irrigation system for my yard this coming summer. First a little background: 1. Our lot is approximately 13,000 square feet with approximately 10,000 square feet of grass and mulched beds (trees, shrubs and perennials). We moved into the house in 2006 and it was new construction. 2. We are in the process of a two to three year planting plan (this spring will be year two). This plan includes creating large mulch beds filled with trees and shrubs ...