You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 28.

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 9:33am

Author: DogT

Need new sub pump

I doubt that will work for me. As I said, the pump alone will not supply the largest zone I have which is 15 GPM. As near as I can tell, the pump will only deliver 10 GPM, I think the booster helps it draw because we never have run out of water and it's only one zone that takes 15 GPM. The submersible alone barely gets the sprinklers out, the pressure drops to about 15 psi at that zone without the booster. I do like the idea of constant pressure in the house, and am willing to pay a bit for that...

Thursday, May 1st 2014, 9:08pm

Sprinklers vs rotors

I've got 21 zones of sprinklers and rotary spray heads. The sprinklers are RainBird and the rotors are PGP. I notice that the zones that were installed for the rotors were 4 to 5, mostly 4 rotors, that's fine at 8 to 10 GPM at 60 psi. However, the sprinklers are rated at 30 psi and the zones have anywhere from 5 to 8 sprinklers and they seem to range around 1.5 to over 2 GPM at 30 psi. When I turn down the sprinklers to only cover the area they are supposed to cover (like a van-8 to cover 8') do...

Thursday, May 1st 2014, 8:58pm

Need new sub pump

I have a 3/4 HP submersible pump that feeds the irrigation system (and the house) which has a max zone of 15 GPM. 250' deep well, pump at 200', not sure of the static and draw down levels. There is also a booster pump at the well head where the irrigation system taps off that was boosting the pressure to 80 psi or so (from the 40-60 from the pressure tank). The well I am confident can deliver well over 15 GPM, the driller told me it delivered 40 GPM when it was drilled and we have had no problem...

Thursday, May 1st 2014, 8:51pm

Submersible pump replacement

I have a 3/4 HP submersible pump that feeds the irrigation system (and the house) which has a max zone of 15 GPM. 250' deep well, pump at 200', not sure of the static and draw down levels. There was also a booster pump at the well head where the irrigation system taps off that was boosting the pressure to 80 psi or so (from the 40-60 from the pressure tank). The well I am confident can deliver well over 15 GPM, the driller told me it delivered 40 GPM when it was drilled and we have had no proble...

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 2:39pm

GPM

Just to follow up on my issues. Been using the irrigation all summer, near as I can tell by the pressure at the sprinklers/rotors, I'm pumping out about 800 G/night for the irritation. Haven't had any issues with running out of water at the well. Finally installed a hydrant off the 1" line right after the irrigation filter and I fill up a 5 G bucket in about 20 seconds or less from that hydrant. So it appears the pump in the well is certainly putting out at least 15gpm, but only at around 40psi....

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 7:52pm

GPM

I've installed a psi meter at the input and the output of the booster pump and also added a 1" valve for a separate supply to a hydrant I want to put in the garden the well is in. Anyhow running the system in the night at 1am, it runs for something less than 2 hours and according to my calculation it's pumping out about 1000 G of water each night. Now I may be a bit optimistic on that figure, but it's my best estimate with the output of the rotors/sprinklers at the 48-62 psi output of the booste...

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 4:37pm

GPM

I suppose it could have been done that way, but it would require a lot of trenching under sidewalks and very deep too, messing up the existing gardens even more than they did. Maybe it will back flow the pressure tank mitigating some of the sediment? I wouldn't have let them do it that way, it would have been too much of a problem, maybe if we did it when the house was built, but that was long ago. It is what it is.

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 4:13pm

GPM

Yes, that's exactly how it is. The 1 1/4" plastic pipe comes in from the well to the utility space below the front door with the pressure tank there, no control box (2 wire), just the pressure switch on the tank, but it's about 7' deep there. Why would they want to tap in there and then have to ditch 7' deep and run everything back outside to the other side of the driveway again. Plus dig up a large concrete walkway to get to it. I don't think so. No way would I have let them put all that paraph...

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 12:03pm

GPM

The pipe at the well is only 3' deep and at the house about 7'. Plus the well is in a garden where there's plenty of room for all the auxiliary equipment. At the house, it's near the front door. Better away from the house than next to the front door with all that equipment. I'm not complaining about where they tapped into the line, it's only about 60' from the house to the well anyhow. Still recovering from surgery, but plan is to install pressure gauges at input and output of booster, plus a 1"...

Sunday, June 30th 2013, 11:12am

GPM

I'm sure the pump/well guys will have a field day with the system. Actually it's not terribly out of order, the house is mostly higher than the well head, but downstairs is below it. Some of the irrigation is slightly above the tap into the well pipe, but most of it is well below the well tap point. Most of the irrigation system is below the house including downstairs, but some of it is above the downstairs. I'll report on what I end up with. I've got 2 guys so far to take a look at the system. ...

Friday, June 28th 2013, 8:54am

GPM

Nothing uphill of the source, if the source is the location of the booster. If the source is where they tapped into the black pipe from the well, then yes.

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 1:40pm

GPM

I have decided to go with a pro pump man. We're talking about a variable speed submersible pump maintaining a 75psi in the house and reducing it for the irrigation right now, but he says we need to figure the problem of the high flow rates at the irrigation and the lower flow in the house somehow. He says he can check the well capacity also. We should have figured this before we even started working on the irrigation side, but the wife was in such a hurry to get it done and of course the irrigat...

Monday, June 24th 2013, 7:52am

GPM

OK, I've got a zone with 6 PGP rotaries in it. With 6 #5 red nozzles, that would be 9.6 gpm if it maintains 30psi, but with the booster I probably have more like 45psi so it should be more like 1.9x6=11.4gpm. Where is the best place to measure psi, before the booster, after booster or at one of the rotaries, I could put a T by one rotary with a gauge on it. I actually wouldn't mind having permanent gauges at the well head before and after the booster. Just out of curiosity, what would a 1 hp sub...

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 9:21pm

Another GPM question!!!

A hose? Good grief. I was filling mine right out of the faucet. If I add a hose it goes down. It may be time. Custom point well? What does that mean? I'm in the boonies, nearest neighbor I can't see. 55 acres here, but I'm only talking about irrigation around the house.

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 9:15pm

GPM

What period of time to run the zone are you talking about, minutes, hours or days? Longest I've run a zone is 1/2 hour at once, but the controller runs things for a couple of hours each day, but at night, so I have no idea what's going on then. Log psi every 15 min with the booster/not or both? Easiest would be a lawn zone, it wouldn't bother the plants.

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 7:05pm

Another GPM question!!!

Well, I have my pressure tank set at 40-60 but I only get about 16-20 psi if I run a outside faucet full blast. I'm not sure what it is right at the well from the 1 1/2' line, but since I've got the irrigation system in with a 1" pipe off that, I'll find out. There's no way to take a shower and flush the toilet in this house, much less try 2 showers. We just time everything and there's only 2 of us, but it's getting irritating enough I may spring for a better submersible. I still can't believe 5...

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 6:57pm

GPM

How many acres? That's a good question. I've been working on that. Just looking I'd say an acre and a half. But I'm going to cut out a lot of the lawn. I don't think it's necessary and I'll just water the garden beds and a small amount of lawn around the front. And I can cut out 6 zones easy. The garden beds may be 1/4 acre at most. The lawn zones are all on the PGP rotors of course and they're typically 5 rotors/zone. The well, well it's a deep subject, but the 40 gpm is what I got from the wel...

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 4:16pm

Another GPM question!!!

Wow. You're getting 25gpm from a well? I get 5-6gpm from mine out of a 3/4" outside spigot. 3/4hp submersible at 200' with a 250' well and 175' pumping water level. Maybe I need a new pump? This one was installed in '88.

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 3:14pm

GPM

Already stated submersible pump with 10" well. Well rated at 40 GPM when drilled. No city water here. 3/4 hp pump. Goes to house with 1 1/2" black plastic. Broke into 1 1/2" pipe at well head with T to feed irrigation system. Goes to check valve (probably not sufficient but they installed it without one) to filter, to booster pump and that goes to the manifold where it breaks out into 21 zones with a master shut off valve. I don't have a schematic of it, I'd like to get one. I've determined that...

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 1:02pm

GPM

Thanks, I guess I should break out a spigot right (after or before?) the filter and install a psi meter and just measure the flow into some container. I was concerned that the booster pump might be cavitating if I have too much flow from the rotors/sprays. I reckon that would tell me if the pressure drops to 0 there while it's working? I wouldn't mind a hydrant in that garden anyhow, I could avoid running hoses across the driveway. The installers were complete idiots, I'll say it right here, Ric...