You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 10:14pm

Author: gr0d

New System Head Decision

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" Put a pressure gauge on that zone. Get some caps (or plugs) and rework the test zone to have as little as one head spraying. You want to have at least 40 psi in that zone. Once you see 40-50 psi sprinkler operation, you can have a proper idea of the actual flow you have available. Is there a backflow preventer in place yet? Hey guys, sorry for the long delay. It's been a long winter and haven't really been thinking about the system lately. However, the weather might brea...

Tuesday, September 24th 2013, 1:40pm

New System Head Decision

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" Yes, you are way off in your thinking. It is now safe to assume you have overdrawn your account, so far as pertains to system flow. Remove all the nozzles and try a size smaller. That would be two 3 gpm nozzles for the middle heads on a zone, and two 1.5 gpm nozzles for the end heads. (since we are assuming you now are using 4 gpm and 2 gpm nozzles) Before doing anything, take more pressure measurements. Again, with the system off, and then, with the zone turned on. okay...

Tuesday, September 24th 2013, 11:16am

New System Head Decision

So I went ahead and mocked up one zone with 1" pipe and 4 Orbit Heads that I bought from lowes just to make sure that my design looked good. I used pvc and connected the 3/4" female inlet head to a female 1"x1"x3/4" femail tee via a male 3/4" adapter. I got decent coverage but not as much as I expected using the 4gpm nozzle. I was only getting around 27 feet. I was wondering If I need to step down the inlet pipe to the head to get better pressure? Am I way off in my thinking?

Thursday, September 5th 2013, 9:29am

New System Head Decision

Quoted from "hi.todd" ""I would use the Rainbird 5000 series heads."" I was looking at the 5004 with Pressure control. Do you think the pressure control is a good feature and worth while considering my pressure is 80PSI right off the bat?

Wednesday, September 4th 2013, 7:29pm

New System Head Decision

Hello All, Pretty much brand new to irrigation although I have been trying to read as much as I can lately. I am going to install a new sprinkler system this fall before winter to be ready for spring and I am having a hard time trying to figure out what rotors I should go with. Listed below is a little background of what I am working with. I took the bass ackwards approach and ran a mainline out to the area where the valves would go. My service line is 3/4" as well as the meter. I tee'ed into th...