You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 29.

Sunday, September 3rd 2006, 10:10am

Author: mburnickas

Creeping Charlie

use confront or drive. Round-up is not needed.

Saturday, July 22nd 2006, 10:13am

How many heads on a zone?

still a hard question. you have pressure drops all over the place; plus head selection etc. A ROUGH guess without knowing anything, 4 to 7 per zone. Again, a guess

Thursday, May 11th 2006, 4:35am

Febco 765 1"

I just replace the complete unit since it is cheaper then the parts. Parts are $20 to $35 or $48 online for the complete unit. But the price on the 860’s (as you posted) is the same I can find. Good price.

Friday, August 26th 2005, 10:53am

Rainbird 5000 Rotor Replacements

lcpine As wet boots posted it is the same. Just FYI, you can buy a new 5004 rotor for like $7.75 so the parts might be too much to replace.

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 1:54am

Hunter Warranty = no warranty

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~94gsxr1100/dunno.gif [/img] The thread has be high jacked by two….. <h2>Please post knowledgeable and factual info not childish remarks. If I want people to ramble on and on without facts, I will go back to some Hunter Dealer or installers. </h2>

Monday, August 15th 2005, 10:17am

The point was, if you did not get it, was that the dealers are playing a cat and mouse game. Again, some go the extra mile and some dealers can’t even spell dealer. Either follow the rules per Hunter or do not sell Hunter products. When Hunter themselves spell it out, even people with a GED can get it. Again, no wonder most local dealers do not make it. Time to wake up. If they have a Chap 11 sale, there closing sale is the normal price. When online places are making money and cheap, go figure.....

Monday, August 15th 2005, 8:20am

Again wet boots, opinions are like _____ (fill in the black) Again, post something this is of importance. **Just some FYI here since I got an answer after stopping and ordering some top soil. I talked to the owner, since the clowns at the counter know zero, stated he can replace the heads, no big deal after I gave him the emails from Hunter in front of him. Go figure.. So you need to fight for a warranty issue....so sad. Sure we toss it around for a “finalist for Stupid Thread of the Year” but w...

Monday, August 15th 2005, 6:10am

RidgeRun05, I must make a correction here. First off they are both not PGP’s. They are 1 PGP and 1 I20. Yes, cheap in the long run. I saw those parts last week online when I was looking. There are other place/sites too. The kicker is they have parts for the cheaper PGP and not the I-20…go figure. As far as what you stated, “….Hunter, it seems as though they both already told you that you are out of luck”. This part is incorrect as to what I posted above a few times. Hunter Inc (the manufacture) ...

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 11:21am

installing another rotor on existing line

Wet boots is correct here. Sorry about that. I do not even think Kwik Seals would work. Since it is PVC, you would have to do a "t" or something. Then again, I never worked with PVC for sprinlers. Only do PVC from Backflow to valves. Rest is 1" poly for me.

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 9:27am

installing another rotor on existing line

Blazing saddles are the way to go. Quick and easy...Oh, good movie too!

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 8:34am

<b> Wet-boot, </b> Again I agree with you 100% and Hunter Inc already stated that in several emails to me (and I posted that several times above). Any Auth dealer can perform the warranty, as we know that; now the loophole is getting the dealer to do HIS job per Hunter policy. What the problem is, noted several times above is the Auth dealers are playing games of greed rather then following Hunter own policy on this topic. And local dealers wonder why people go online or elsewhere. They themselv...

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 5:56am

I am blaming Hunter somewhat since there Auth dealers are not following there own policy. That is not too hard to understand here. Again the point is well documented here above and #2, you again failed to answer the questions I posted. I will re-cap here 1) Show me Hunter policy that states I must buy heads from an Auth Hunter Dealer to honor Hunter’s warranty? You can’t. 2) Show me anything that states or supports as you said, 'grey market' heads? You can’t. 3) Show me where it says I can’t be ...

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 3:45am

Thank you the friendly topic. I do not offer profit to no one? There is a difference in giving some money to a dealer for profit (which is 100% fine). There is also a difference in being taking for a ride from greedy dealers & installers too. The local dealers need to earn my business since their prices are flat out robbery. If not, see you later. I can still buy them cheaper online (2.4) times cheaper. I can even go to a Website Hunter told me (and Auth dealer) and get them for almost 2X cheape...

Saturday, August 13th 2005, 4:23pm

Wet—It is the point that Hunter states one thing and their own dealers (again I stress that) state something else. No more, no less. I am not going into it but most car dealers or shops or tractor dealers can handle ANY warranty work. Most car places like it since it pays top dollar. I can take my car to an Lexus or Toyota dealer and get warranty work. I can go to my local garage and get the same warranty work. It does not have free food, free cars, leather couch but all handle the warranty work...

Saturday, August 13th 2005, 2:22pm

First this is not even costing the local stealer anything at all here. All he has to do it replace the head and send one back to Hunter and he gets money back. Supporting him also does not mean anything will change either. He can pull the same stuff with his own heads. Next, lets see local dealer price $24 for a PGP. Online $9.XX. Hmm, not to hard to do the math here. But it is 2.4 times more. Sure what a deal. It is the point here that Hunter’s own Auth. dealers are not following Hunters own po...

Saturday, August 13th 2005, 11:48am

So if their products are not sold by “authorized distributor list” everyone selling them is selling them “as is”; since they do not honor the manufactures warranty. I installed all my heads so there are well above the min distance outlined on their instructions). Example, from the top of the ring with threads to the installed surface or grade is like .250 (1/4) as instructed on every Hunter head. This is what you call slightly above grade. I install them about 0.400 high or so more of the head s...

Saturday, August 13th 2005, 8:54am

Hunter TS emailed me again and anyone of their distributors, I have contacted one of there authorized dealers/ distributors, and they have to honor the warranty on there (Hunter) heads. I feel this place is giving me the run around. They also stated it does not matter where you purchased it from since they all have their trade warranty on heads. I will just make an issue out of it since so far, their distributor in this case, is well, poor. I will go down on Monday and speak to the manager or ow...

Saturday, August 13th 2005, 3:52am

Yes, I found the seal for the PGP online (less then $1.00 on the site hunter told me about) but not I-20's...Weird since I-20 are better and more $$$. I talked to the guy in the JD place and he stated the seals do not last but 2 to 3 years around here. Also stated we (them) do not order seals since the installers want to just do the complete rotor and not waste time. My back yard is all sand and even hunter themselves stated the northeast is bad on seals due to winters; Winters dry the seals out...

Friday, August 12th 2005, 12:28pm

I talked to my local JD landscape and he was cluless on it. Said he can't get the parts. I would buy locally but the price is way to much. This is whay I sent hunter and my local JD lanscape people. Hi Hunter Ind, I called a disturber in West Springfield as noted on your link below. They stated we can't order the parts, so I need to buy a head; which is 100% incorrect. I then called you people at 760-744-5240 today Friday, 8-12-2005 at 11:06am EST and talked with Tech Service (TS). The person wa...

Friday, August 12th 2005, 11:48am

Well I am just about tired of Hunter and there games on warranty. I purchased several hundred dollars of items from the sponsor of this site (Sprinkler Warehouse) and now Hunter (nor its distributors) will help me with a WARRENTY issue! This is unreal since it is like a &lt;$1.00 part (wiper seal). The heads are/were made in 2004 as noted on the heads. I have 1-PGP and 1 I-20 SS and they leak around the riser (wiper seal shot). I called hunter and they stated, yes the head is under warranty but ...