You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Saturday, June 11th 2005, 5:58pm

Author: ppotter

Problem sprinkler head

Tony, Thanks for the help. I guessed that new spray heads was probably the way to go, but just don't fancy digging holes in the Memphis heat! Thanks, Phil

Friday, June 10th 2005, 7:53am

Problem sprinkler head

Hi, I have one sprinkler head in a zone that does not pop up. It will raise about 1 inch and then flood the area with water. I have cleaned the filter (its a Rainbird model, but not sure of the model number) with no success. Is the only alternative to replace the head? Also I have another head in a different zone that leaks from the point where the pop up tube arises from the body of the head. This only happens when the system is running but is creates a large stream of water on my pathway. The ...

Monday, April 4th 2005, 9:47am

Adding drip irrigation to sprinkler head

Thanks! That is exactly what I am looking for. Phil

Thursday, March 31st 2005, 8:39am

Adding drip irrigation to sprinkler head

Hi, I have a sprinkler system using Rainbird risers and spray heads to irrigate my yard. In one area close to the house, a riser waters several large shrubs. Since we have synthetic stucco and I am concerned about excess water splashing in this area, I was wondering whether a drip style irrigator can be attached to the riser and laid at the base of the shrubs. It sound feasible to me, but I haven't seen anything like this described on the web. Thanks, Phil

Monday, August 23rd 2004, 6:06am

Winterization

Hi, I know it is still August, but I have just moved into a new house with a sprinkler system (new to me), and want to figure out how to winterize before it gets too cold. I am in Memphis, so it does not get outrageously cold, but I cannot figure out what to do. I have a large brass connector (backflow preventer?) separated by two valves in PVC pipe, above ground (in one of those funky green boxes). The brass component is a flat square device with no obvious connections apart from the 2 PVC pipe...

Tuesday, July 27th 2004, 6:07am

Cap for Rainbird extension

Thanks Pete. I tried that last night but just seemed to increase the 'throw' of the water. I didn't screw it all the way down though, so I'll try again this pm. Thanks again ( I guess you suspected I was a complete novice!) Phil

Tuesday, July 27th 2004, 5:59am

Cap for Rainbird extension

Hi, I have just moved into a house with a Rainbird irrigation system and wish to shut off two heads that feed a flower bed. They are currently on 3ft extensions, but would like to stop water flow without affecting other heads in this zone. The system currently has series 15 nozzles. Does Rainbird (or anyone alse) make a cap that fits these extensions to stop water flow completely. I have not seen anything obvious at Home Depot. Thanks, Phil