You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 9:54am

Author: emgee

Brand New System Not Functioning As It Should

my biggest fear is I spend all this money replacing my main water line and then the damn system still doesn't work

Monday, July 14th 2014, 9:01pm

A booster pump was really planned the whole time. I knew I would need one. As for the lines - I was talking with my neighbor who has had his line replaced - apparently it was indeed galvanized which came into lead about 3 feet from the foundation and through the foundation was lead. He said he could barely see through it when replaced because of build up. My plumber talked about a chemical they have called sizzle. Said perhaps he could dig a hole at my shut off valve at street, put the sizzle in...

Monday, July 14th 2014, 3:20pm

Thanks, WetBoots. It's definitely lead. I live in an 85 year old house in a suburb outside of STL City. The issue with installing a new supply line would be cost. Roughly about $4-$5k to run a new 1 inch copper supply line to the main, which is across the street - so I would have to go under the street to tap into main. Then of course totally destroy my yard in the process as it would be about a 60 to 70 foot run from the main, under the street, and into my house.

Monday, July 14th 2014, 12:50pm

I had a system installed about a month ago by a larger company in my area (St. Louis, MO). It's 12 zones, and a good mix up different heads. Once everything was hooked up, it wasn't working very well and we installed a 3/4hp pressure booster as I assumed we would have to. That still really didn't bring it up to functioning 100% as it should. I have a 5/8" lead water service line coming in, and 3/4 copper going out to supply and backflow. The sprinkler company seems lost as to what is occurring a...