You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Wednesday, November 5th 2014, 9:52am

Author: sdgardener

Water gushes out from the anti-siphon cap and then stops

Thanks Wet Boots! Which inline sprinkler valve do you recommend? I heard that some breakers occasionally eject some water, do you know a good spill-resistant pressure vacuum breaker?

Tuesday, November 4th 2014, 6:39pm

strange thing happened. After I replaced the two spring-loaded sprinkler heads with regular heads in zone 3, water not only gushes out from the anti-siphon cap of the 3rd valve, but also from the 5th valve again. Any ideas?

Monday, November 3rd 2014, 8:11pm

Best way to reduce high water pressure (80 psi)

I called city and was told that the municipal water pressure is 88 (+-10) psi in my area. The water pressure in my house is 65 psi.

Monday, November 3rd 2014, 10:51am

Someone who works for Home Depot told me that the municipal water pressure could be as high as 160 psi, which could damage the sprinkler valves even if the valves were not in operation. Is that true? That guy suggested that I install a pressure regulator between the shutoff valve and the sprinkler valves. Is this necessary?

Sunday, November 2nd 2014, 7:37pm

You are absolutely right! After I replaced the two spring-loaded sprinkler heads with regular heads in zone 5, no water gushes out from the anti-siphon cap of the fifth valve any more. Now water gushes out from the anti-siphon cap of the 3rd valve because there are two spring-loaded sprinkler heads in zone 3. I will replace them with regular heads tomorrow. There are no spring-loaded sprinkler heads in zone 1 and 2. There are spring-loaded sprinkler heads in zone 4. But they are located downhill...

Sunday, November 2nd 2014, 7:20pm

The valves I installed have flow controls. How do I use flow control to reduce water pressure?

Sunday, November 2nd 2014, 10:38am

I have a 5-zone sprinkler system using a separate water supply line. The water pressure is 80 psi. Should I install a pressure regulator between the supply line and shutoff valve for my sprinkler system? There is a pressure regulator between the supply line and shutoff valve in my house.

Sunday, November 2nd 2014, 10:25am

Thank you very much your inputs. The fifth zone do have two spring-loaded sprinkler heads. But zone 1-4 also have spring-loaded sprinkler heads. Any idea why water gushes out only from the anti-siphon cap of the fifth valve?

Saturday, November 1st 2014, 10:37pm

I installed five Rain Bird anti siphon valves about 20" higher than the highest sprinkler head. They share the same supply line and shutoff valve. The water pressure is 80 psi. I know it's too high. Four of the five valves work perfectly. After turning off the valve, water gushes out from the anti-siphon cap of the fifth valve for a few seconds and then stops. I want the valve to operate completely dry. I would appreciate it very much if you could tell me what I should to make the fifth valve wo...