You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 10:49am

MP Rotator Selection

I have a bunch of landscape circuits that have a watering radius in the 13 feet to 15 feet range, and I was wondering if anyone knew if it is better to reduce down and use the MP 2000 or to use the MP 1000 at their maximum range?

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 11:49am

The easiest approach would be to get spray bodies with 30PSI pressure regulators installed in them (like Rainbird 1800 PRS models) and reduce down with the MP 2000. The principle reason I say this is because that way the pressure of your sytem will come less into play.

See, the MP1000 has a MAXIMUM of 15 feet, but you are only going to get that 15 feet under ideal pressures. But with the MP2000, even under less than ideal pressures you are going to be able to easily get the required 15 feet. But with the PRS installed in the body, you should be able to get the 13 feet minimum desired.

Otherwise, I would ask, which value is more important to you? Getting all the way out to 15 feet (i.e. being short of 15 feet is unacceptable) or not going over 13 feet (i.e. going farther than 13 feet is unacceptable). Getting all the way out to 15 feet and perhaps a little beyond will be easy with MP2000. Not going beyond 13 feet and perhaps less will be easy with the MP1000.

The final thing to consider is mixing MP2000 and MP1000. The have matched precipitaion rates so that MP3000, MP2000, and MP1000 can be mixed and matched all on the same circuit. So in places where you need to get out to 15 feet, use MP2000. But in areas that you want to get down to 13 feet use the MP1000.