You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kellogg

Starting Member

Friday, August 21st 2009, 3:01pm

How do you test signal from controller?

I need to check to see if I'm getting the right signal from the Rainbird controller to the valve. What instrument do I need and what am I looking for ( voltage?)? What is the normal reading I should be seeing at the solenoid?

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Saturday, August 22nd 2009, 9:09pm

With an AC volt meter, you should be getting about 24 volts.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 23rd 2009, 6:59am

AC volts is just the beginning, an indication that something is there. If you want to check the electrical wiring in your sprinkler system, the simplest way is with resistance measurements. For advanced students, you check AC current and that displays actual operating conditions.

Wednesday, September 9th 2009, 8:24pm

you just need a chatterbox/ activator, from armada. thats what i have. and it works fantastic. dont count out a meter though.

Rate this thread