You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rodge

Unregistered

Monday, April 18th 2011, 8:59pm

Adding heads

I recently added 2 heads to an existing zone by tapping in to the 1 inch laterals near the existing heads giving me 6 heads in the zone. My water supply is a well btw. I had to shut off 2-6 to get a decent flow after I turned on the zone. The flow is great for the first couple of minutes then it drops by about 50 percent. Any thoughts......

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 12:36pm

Do not add heads to a well-water system - that's the easy answer. The pro answer is to not add to the flow of a zone, on your well-water system. If you can change all the nozzles on the zone's existing heads, to a smaller size, and not lose coverage, you will have "freed up" some flow to feed extra heads.

Easy locates

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 8:29pm

What is going on is the well pressure is keeping up for a short time and the pressure tank can not keep up with the flow. Unfortunately there is little you can do other than change the pump size in your well which can get expensive. You must first figure out how many gallons per minute your well is putting out then take a pressure reading on your well as your irrigation is running. Most wells have a 40/60 psi pressure switch which you could adjust the low side of the pressure switch up a little to help with the recovery time of the well. This will shorten the life of the pressure switch, I would not go higher than 50 psi on the low side.

Rate this thread