You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 10:02am

Solenoid operation is pressure dependent - increase the supply pressure, and the solenoid requires more oomph to operate the valve. Poor solenoid operation with multiple solenoids would suggest an electrical problem, since a working solenoid on a working valve will have no problem opening the valve, as long as everything else is up to spec.

Friday, May 13th 2011, 8:41pm

Fluke....

It may be a fluke..... someday.... for now it works and has worked perfectly, daily for 4 days... and counting... I bet there was a clog that cleared up on it's own or some other coincidence I am not aware of. Nevertheless I tried raising the pressure and it just stops working every time. I agree there may be some reason that the pressure is affecting the operation of the valve. It only happens on one of the 6 valves. By the way Superior recommends 40 - 60 psi on their troubleshooting literature....

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 14th 2011, 7:59pm

Something about the valve bonnet might be 'off'

Rate this thread