You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wmracey

Starting Member

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 1:36pm

Low Pressure

My system draws water from a canal. We are in Florida and the canal is weed infested. When I turn the pump on I get water at the appropriate zone, but very low pressure. We have used this system for 9 years with only minor (lawn mower 'chews up' the sprinkler heads) problems. Now every zone is suffering from low pressure. Could the pump and its out going lines be 'clogged' with dead weeds?

How would I 'clean' the pump?

timbo1

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 4:24pm

Low Pressure

That is most likely the case. Or the pump may be shot. Is this your own personal pump or the towns. If the towns owns it have them check it out. If it's yours, you will need to do the dirty work. Good Luck :)

ldcxyz

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 7:04pm

Cleaning the pump or suction filter is probably the likely culprit. Most pumps are simple to clean out, check your manual or go online for one. One other possible culprit could be a broken or stuck foot valve.