You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 25th 2012, 2:15pm

the gel (food-grade silicone grease) is needed on the O-ring involved in the moving parts of the relief assembly, and not so much anywhere else

Tuesday, June 26th 2012, 7:07pm

Installed the relief valve seat last night but no change. I believe there is a check valve in line before the rpz. I will open it tonight and see how it looks. I will probably take everything apart and clean and reinstall and see how that works. Any tips appreciated.

Wednesday, June 27th 2012, 9:00am

Took that sucker apart last night and cleaned, inspected and did everything I knew how to do. Installed it and it held tight until I turned off the sprinkler then it dumped again but not as heavy. Looks like I will get new one. Saw them online for $192.00 so that should fix the problem and free up my time . Thanks for your help WB.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 27th 2012, 10:49am

If the RPZ spits water and then stops releasing water, it is not malfunctioning.