You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Brucem

Tuesday, April 20th 2004, 3:20pm

Low pressure PLEASE HELP!

I have a self installed sprinkler system that runs off my garden hose and hose bib. It has been installed for 2 years and has run beautifully. I have blownthe system down each of the past 2 years using an air compressor and have made sure everything is out. This year I started it up and have very low pressure. The system only has 4 heads in use. 1 - 3/4" Hunter singlestream , 2 - 1/2" Toro multistream, and 1 - 1/2" Orbit single stream head. There are several (3) spots that have been capped off that I previously used for bubblers but no longer use. The longest run to any head is about 55'.
I have the system set up on a battery operated timer, and it has worked great in the past...now I am lost.
Do they make anything as a pump, that can increase the water pressure? Where would I get it? How would I install it?
Brucem

nestors

Advanced Member

Tuesday, May 18th 2004, 3:06pm

You might want to turn up your pressure regulater valve in your home ,it is where your main water comes in from the street ,then you will have more pressure @ your hose bib. Just make sure you do not have any leaks in your main feed.

Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga. 770-410-9356
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rate this thread