You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pdxbuysell

Starting Member

Sunday, April 10th 2005, 8:15pm

pressure/GPM question

Hi

Newbie here thinking of installing a sprinkler system. I measured the water pressure at the nearest hose bib to the water meter. Pressure was 65 psi. Pipe going from meter to house was 1". Tried the water pail test too. GPM comes to around 7.5.

I am thinking of using Orbit parts. Their design software said GPM was kinda low.

I thought I made a mistake in measuring the pipe cos most people I talked to said they that 3/4" but I checked it again and its 1".

Can someone tell me what I should be loooking at pressure or GPM. Will I be ok with what I have?

What size pipes should I use for main line, header lines and lateral lines?

Thanks![?]

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Monday, April 11th 2005, 4:41am

www.irrigationtutorial.com

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Monday, April 11th 2005, 6:29pm

I would suggest that you use contractor grade parts, not parts from home improvement stores. You should be just fine with 65 PSI
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

joe1023

Starting Member

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 6:10pm

does it matter how many heads go on one line ?

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 19th 2005, 4:28am

yes it does. First read http://www.irrigationtutorial.com/ this will help a lot. anyone who is contemplating a system self installed or not would benefit. It will make you a smarter consumer. I also agree with using products from sprinkler warehouse.
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread