You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dewayn

Saturday, July 23rd 2005, 9:04am

installing another rotor on existing line

I need to install another rotor on existing lateral line which is 1" pvc. I was considering a blazing saddle tee with funny pipe to do the task. Does the blazing saddle tee leave any plastic pieces in the pipe that will need to be flushed out, or is there a better fitting for this install without having to dig up the entire line. thank you!

toxin

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 6:29pm

<font face="Courier New"></font id="Courier New">Blazing saddle tee? Not familiar with that term, you should be able to find a pvc tee that's slipxslipx 1/2" or 3/4' inch thread. If so just get that and screw the funny pipe el into that and run your new head. If not get 1" pvc slipxslipxslip and get a glue in bushing to threads...hope that helps

mburnickas

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 9:27am

Blazing saddles are the way to go. Quick and easy...Oh, good movie too! :)
Thanks
Mike
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!"--Airplane

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 10:50am

If the PVC line is schedule 40, you may have some difficulties with the Blazing Saddles - If it is sch 40, would look for something more conventional, even if you have to drill or cut the pipe. Wait and see what others working with sch 40 PVC are using.

mburnickas

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 11:21am

Wet boots is correct here. Sorry about that. I do not even think Kwik Seals would work. Since it is PVC, you would have to do a "t" or something. Then again, I never worked with PVC for sprinlers. Only do PVC from Backflow to valves. Rest is 1" poly for me.
Thanks
Mike
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!"--Airplane

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 8:23pm

Still the easiest way to go on SCH 40 PVC is to cut and put in a slip x slip x thread tee for your sprinkler, or slip x thread ell, whichever be the case. The saddle tees and other self tapping methods can be a real headache, and can cause stress fractures which will lead to premature pipe failure.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rate this thread