You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

MHerman60

Starting Member

Friday, September 30th 2005, 7:16pm

planning a new landscape area

I am starting to add a new zone to an existing system. Can you put spray heads and a drip system on the same zone?
If I used a retrofit pressure regulator what is the difference between using a xeri-bird 8 multi-outlet emission device and the 6 outlet manifold to start the drip part of the zone?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, October 1st 2005, 4:44am

Either one will do, but the more expensive one requires you install emitters in it, which also allows you to select higher-flow emitters, which are a better match with regular sprinklers.

trx310

Saturday, October 1st 2005, 6:51am

Netafilm drip is alot easier to deal with wen running with sprinklers. just run a flow controlled valve on it. easy money
A sprinkler system is only as good as the grass above it, make sure your timers are set when your sod man finishes.

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 3:25pm

do not put spray heads and drip on the same zone

jcruce13

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 10:39pm

I have to second Tom on not putting a drip system on a zone.

This is coming from my personal experience. I'll try to give you an idea as to the problems I ran into early on when I mixed a drip system and rotor/impact sprinklers.

Lawn required waterings at different times depending on season and the amount of rainfall. The drip system required different waterings based on the plants.

The problems I had...

I drowned my wifes flowers and my lawn looked great or my lawn looked bad and the flowers looked bad.

Time was another problem with this because I had to keep adjusting my sprinklers to match what her flowers needed. It was a royal pain and was irritating me... Dont get me wrong I like the flower beds and everything. But my pride and joy is my bright green lawn.

So in the end I trenched some new lines to the flower beds and moved them to their own zone. The end result bright beautiful flowers and a nice green lawn.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks
-John

Rate this thread