You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, May 8th 2006, 5:14am

Difference in Rainbird 5000 vs 5000Plus

2 questions:
1. What is the difference between the Rainbird 5000 and 5000Plus
2. I think I'm going to buy the 5004 but I see that they have 5004PC and 5004FC. I need my heads to be able to rotate 360'. Is the difference between the PC and FC that the PC does make a full 360 circle but is adjustable and the FC is not adjustable and just does 360?

I'm replacing a number of VERY old Toro Superflow 600s that are about 35 feet apart. From what I'm reading, the 5004 would be great for this. I have about 40PSI

brad44

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 8:39pm

There's only one major feature that sets the 5000 Plus apart from the 5000 series, it's what Rain Bird calls Stream Control Technology. Simply put, you can turn off the sprinkler while it's in operation. Makes it easy to change nozzles, adjust the arc, ectera. Hunter's I-20 has the same exact feature, and I love it. Wrong nozzle? No problem. Instead of having to run back to the controller, all you do is turn off the individual head while everything else is running. Arc not set quite right? Turn off the flow and set it.

FC vs PC. Simply put, PC is the part circle adjustable version and is capable of covering a full circle. The full circle model is just that, a full circle model. The arc is not adjustable.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 10:11pm

Try one head first, just to be certain that the replacement will do the job.

Rate this thread