You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tehachapibackflow

Wednesday, May 16th 2007, 6:45pm

WET BOOTS DO YOU TEST BACKFLOW ASSEMBLIES OR REPAIR THEM?
Tyler Napier

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 17th 2007, 2:45am

I prefer to replace a backflow that's been frozen. I don't have a lot of faith that the brass survives the experience without any warping. I don't know whether the Febcos have any problems passing testing, if they've been repaired after a freeze-up. Actual testing requirements haven't yet been legislated by the states around my neck of the woods (NYC) ~ I have a Watts TK-9 at the ready, but it's all dressed up and nowhere to go.

I do tend to look at a PVB in terms of its primary function of a 24/7 vacuum breaker. I don't use the Febco 765, because of the plastic bonnet, which makes it too fragile. A few older designs have brass bonnets, and I've chosen them. If I was looking at a PVB in terms of its pass/fail performance in check valve testing, a different picture might emerge.

lush96

Advanced Member

Thursday, May 17th 2007, 7:16pm

your around nyc wet. im on the island. maybe we should meet and discuss sprinklers furthur.

Rate this thread