You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

22sprinklerman

Wednesday, June 6th 2007, 6:15pm

Err Zone 3

I recently came across a WM Weathermate 12 zone ID Control (weathermatic) control with Err Zone 3 on the screen only that the zone was working ok. Does any one know why that is? zone turns on and shuts off properly.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 7th 2007, 4:06am

Download a manual from Weathermatic and read it.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 7th 2007, 12:05pm

What were the results of your measurements of solenoid resistance and/or current draw for the zone in question?

22sprinklerman

Thursday, June 7th 2007, 3:44pm

I read the manual and i counldnt find an answer that i was satisfied with thus my simple question

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 7th 2007, 4:35pm

You may have a marginal solenoid, drawing too much current, or maybe a slight short circuit. Take electrical measurements.

22sprinklerman

Friday, June 8th 2007, 3:18pm

thank you very much. That answer was what i was looking for.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 8th 2007, 6:22pm

One useful tool for dealing with the marginal and intermittent electrical faults is a clamp-around ammeter. Only a very few models were useful at solenoid-level currents, though. Probably something that a modern digital version could deal with.

Before the advent of error codes on solid-state controllers, it sometimes took a current reading to catch a flawed solenoid.

Rate this thread