You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BirdieBob

Starting Member

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 7:01pm

Help With Weathermatic EM-7 Controller

I have a Weathermatic EM-7 controlling 7 stations that has worked kike a charm for 25+years.
I'm now experiencing a problem with the AUTO operation and wonder I anyone has any experience
with the unit or suggestions to offer. Here's what I'm experiencing:

1. The Clock Dial turns and keeps accurate time.

2. With the Master Switch on OFF, no watering occurs.

3. With the Master Switch on AUTO, no watering occurs.

4. With the Master Switch on MAN,each station can be individually turned on and off. Also, rotating the
Timer Dial to engage station #1, Semi-Automatic Operation begins, each station turns on and off as set
by the trips, and operation runs through the full cycle of all stations.

5. If the Master Switch is left on MAN after Semi-Automatic Operation, the Timer Dial is engaged on the
following day and runs through the full cycle of all stations, just as you would expect it to do if the Master
Switch were set to AUTO.

6. 5, above, occurs when the Day Program Dial has a screw inserted for that day, as well as when no screw
is inserted for that day. (This may be normal if I read the manual correctly: i.e., "MAN position bypasses the
Day Program Dial to allow manual watering at any time.")

So it appears that everything functions properly other than watering when the Master Switch is on AUTO.
Any suggestions that could resolve the issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

BirdieBob

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 9:27pm

That controller is very long out of production, and you will not find another like it. Time to enter the 21st Century.

Rate this thread