You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Need Help

Unregistered

Sunday, November 7th 2010, 3:48pm

MP Rotar and strips

I am trying to figure out what the placement of the MP rotars and strips should be in my yard but very new to this and having problems calculating which to use where. Can anyone help me? :S

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 7th 2010, 6:53pm

MP Rotators come in 10', 20', and 30' radius versions. I would recommend using the MP's for anything 15' or greater. I'm assuming the "strips" you refer to are the fixed spray nozzles. If this is the case, use them for anything 15' or under.

MP's are generally used when water pressure and flow are too low for use of a rotor zone, or a spray zone just won't cover the area, or both.

Need Help

Unregistered

Sunday, November 7th 2010, 8:51pm

MP Rotor and strips.

The area I want to use the strips in is 5"wide and 49" long. Then there is a second area that does a reverese L shape,along the front edge of the house and down the property line,it is 36' long then turns for the bottom part of the L. This part is 35' long. The width is 6' for all parts of the L shape.
Then within the l shape is another area that is 29' x28'

I have a picture but don't know how to attach it.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Thursday, November 11th 2010, 9:23am

Is that 5 FEET wide and 49 FEET long, or 5 INCHES wide and 49 INCHES long?

Your notaion indicates 5 INCHES, which the only way to water something that small is with drip irrigation. But that's not going to be very viable if it is a grass strip where you would want things that pop-up.

Now if you really ment 5 FEET, then the MP strips are what you want. But as for placement, they are placed just like other sprinkler heads... where you get head to head coverage. Basically, you want every part of the area you are trying to water to be covered by TWO heads.

Rate this thread