You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

fairplay

Saturday, January 20th 2007, 5:58am

Safe-T-Lawn and West Ag Rotor Heads

Does anyone know where you could buy some of these discontinued heads ? There are no direct replacements made today that are just 4" in height .

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, January 20th 2007, 8:16am

Use elbows and swing pipe to fit a taller modern rotor head in place of a Safe-T-Lawn ball drive rotor. More work, but no other practical choice exists. Not sure what West Ag rotor you might be talking about, but the same method applies.

fairplay

Saturday, January 20th 2007, 11:26am

Thank you for the suggestion . I already have some swing pipe assemblies made , but I would even buy some old Safe-T-Lawn rotor heads taken out of the ground , if someone is putting in a newer system .

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, January 21st 2007, 5:50am

Safe-T-Lawn ball drive rotors fall into the 'almost fiendishly reliable' category, and only lost out because of their manufacturing cost. (and shorter throw, versus gear-drive rotors) ~ The molds and tooling were supposed to have been sold to some private party that will probably never market the heads, once they realize what the market is.

Basically, you will not be able to find them, and the very few remaining are being reserved for spots where a standard head could never fit, even with swing joints.

fairplay

Sunday, January 21st 2007, 7:30am

Your probably right , but it never hurts to keep looking . West Ag sold them under their name for several years , but their distributor group could not find any left in stock anywhere .

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, January 22nd 2007, 3:57am

Would you pay a hundred bucks for one? I've repaired systems with those heads, and there are almost always substitutes to be found.

Rate this thread