You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

TMC2004

Thursday, April 14th 2005, 6:05pm

filters

Is there anyone who has a filter 100 mesh or 150 mesh on the irrigation mainline just after the pvb? A good preventive measure for the control valves and sprinkler heads is the reason i was told to use one.

big_gus

Thursday, January 5th 2006, 1:18pm

Not sure what your application is, but I'm using the rain bird QKCHK-100 with a 150 mesh filter. It was recommended to me by a guy at my local nursery. Check out this link:
http://www.rainbird.com/pdf/drip/ts_BasketFilter.pdf

I'm pressure limited and this product seemed to have low friction loss.

Regards

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, January 6th 2006, 1:20am

If you aren't doing drip irrigation, the value of filters is questionable, unless you don't trust your water supply. They make sense on well water, and the proper location for one would be <u>before</u> the backflow preventer, not afterwards.

Rate this thread