You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dbrooks

Friday, May 11th 2012, 8:29am

my water supply lines

I have a well with a constant pressure pump. I have it set at 80 lbs right now and can adjust from 50 to 100 lbs. The supply lines are all 1/2 pex/al/pex; their are three seperate lines 15 feet apart originating in the basement and pass through the wall under my rear deck 14 feet to a tee which would allow drip irrigation to containers on the deck floor or plants in the ground along the deck. The 1/2 inch pex continue hidden inside columns to the top of each column 12 feet above the deck and 3 feet above the basement a total rise of 15 feet. I would like to control all three in a single zone from inside the basement; I would supply with either 1" or 3/4" pvc to regulator to 1/2 pex/al/pex. I have already found fittings to go to either 1/8 or 1/4 inch bayonet adapters from the 1/2 inch pex. I would like to drip irrigate 2-3 hanging baskets from the top of each of these columns; the distance between the columns is 16 feet. Can I regulate the water supply and pressure from the regulator to the pex and reduce it to 1/8, 1/4 or 1/2 in drip line; these drip lines would be 12-16 feet long at the floor of the deck and continue to the top of the columns with the same 12-16 feet drip supply yo the 2-3 hanging baskets. :)

Friday, May 11th 2012, 1:39pm

Little confused by this statement: " I would supply with either 1" or 3/4" pvc to regulator to 1/2 pex/al/pex."
I can't visualize that with "The supply lines are all 1/2 pex/al/pex; their are three seperate lines 15 feet apart originating in the basement".
PVC to supply lines in basement?

Sorry, I'm missing something.

dbrooks

Friday, May 11th 2012, 3:07pm

water supply lines

:)

Thanks Gator guy,

My water lines in the house alre in the basement and supply lines are 3/4 and 1 inch pvc. I drilled some holes in my 8" concrete basement walls and ran 1/2" pexalpex (right now the pex is just sticking out of the basement wall not connected to anything). The pexalpex runs under my paver deck to the base of the three 12 ft high columns. I put a brass 1/2 pex tee at the bottom of the column to use for drip irrigation for a few potted plants or a row of plants in the ground along the decks edge. The pexalpex then continues up the column to the top where it can be used to drip irrigate a few hanging baskets. The columns are 2 ft diameter Drivit and the pex al pex is stapled to the actual 6x6 wood posts inside the columns. I want to connect the PVC supply line to a regulator.pressure reducer, filter and run from that piece into the 1/2" pexalpex and split off it to supply all three lines to the top of the column.

I hope that is a better explaination.

Basically I want to connect the irrigation controls to a pexalpex line that has two tees and a 90 deg to the pexalpex under the deck to supply the three lengths of pexalpex to water the plants.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 11th 2012, 8:17pm

first off, you need filtration, and maybe lots of it, in order to run drip irrigation on well water

dbrooks

Monday, May 14th 2012, 4:40pm

filtration

That is a really important point I had not considered. The soil here is sand. I installed my own well system and a neutralizer filter for the 5.5pH along with a softner for the small amount of free iron. I am using water from before the neutralizer and softner for general irrigation. It can turn things just a bit of red but I have not seen this result. My well in PA has a lot of sediment but this one here in DE I have not noticed this issue. I think I will install a filter for the drip line - should resolve that issue. Thanks for bring up that point.

Has anyone used 1/2" pexalpex as supply?

Thanks

Bob

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 14th 2012, 7:03pm

pexalpex is for heating systems ~ you would be better off selling the stuff and using standard equipment

Rate this thread