You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sarora

Starting Member

Sunday, July 25th 2004, 3:15pm

Head doesn't pop up

While digging a hole for a tree I accidently punctured the joint which connects the sprinkler to the pipe. I replaced the joint. There are 4 sprinkler in this zone. All the other 3 sprinklers ar working fine but this particular sprinkler's head doesn't pop out.

I took out the sprikler and connected it to a garden pipe to make sure that this problem is not because of low water preseuure. Even with this the head doesn't pop out.

Can somone help me with a solution.

bobw

Advanced Member

Monday, July 26th 2004, 5:39am

If the head doesn't even come up, it is because there is no water pressure going by it. So, based on what you've said, there are two likely scenarios.

1) The joint that you replaced was done incorrectly and is bypassing the head
2) The section of pipe between where the line was punctured and the head is plugged with dirt.

Rate this thread